I can turn a screw... 250+ Posts pacman's Avatar

Toshiba E457 Com #10 Envelopes, the bypass and job status

Hey all, I think I know the answer to this which is "can't do it" but I wanted to run it by here first.

Toshiba e457 black and white.
    2 paper tray configuration with a stand
    Customer runs a LOT of com10 envelopes

From what I gather, you cannot run them out of the tray because there's no com10 size in the drawer setup in user functions. You can run them via the bypass of course, which isn't the issue for us.

The issue is that our customer uses stamps.com's program. Each envelope that gets printed out is file->print->confirm. It's ONE envelope per click, so customer is clicking print, going up to the machine, hitting job status -> start, going back to desk, repeat process OR sending all those envelopes to the printer and backing it up for everyone else in the meanwhile.

Is there ANY way whatsoever to bypass the Job Status blinking light when there's a stack of envelopes already in the bypass tray? I could've sworn there was, but I am drawing a blank right now.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Toshiba E457 Com #10 Envelopes, the bypass and job status

Check out service code 08-9143 or 08-9164. It looks like settings for needing to press Start or setting a lag time to auto-start.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

set the program on PC to use com10 env on bypass

set paper size on copier for bypass to same

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rspicer View Post
    Check out service code 08-9143 or 08-9164. It looks like settings for needing to press Start or setting a lag time to auto-start.
    08-4140 Press the button on the LCD panel to select Envelope
    08-9164-1 Make the Bypass an Intelligent paper tray
    08-9165-1 Auto Start
    08-9305 -32 #10 Envelope Size

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pacman View Post
    Hey all, I think I know the answer to this which is "can't do it" but I wanted to run it by here first.

Toshiba e457 black and white.
    2 paper tray configuration with a stand
    Customer runs a LOT of com10 envelopes

From what I gather, you cannot run them out of the tray because there's no com10 size in the drawer setup in user functions. You can run them via the bypass of course, which isn't the issue for us.

The issue is that our customer uses stamps.com's program. Each envelope that gets printed out is file->print->confirm. It's ONE envelope per click, so customer is clicking print, going up to the machine, hitting job status -> start, going back to desk, repeat process OR sending all those envelopes to the printer and backing it up for everyone else in the meanwhile.

Is there ANY way whatsoever to bypass the Job Status blinking light when there's a stack of envelopes already in the bypass tray? I could've sworn there was, but I am drawing a blank right now.
    I went through this exact issue with stamps.com on a Lexmark. There is a setup procedure in the software to set print defaults, specifically tray selection and media type. Additionally the MFP must have the bypass tray size selection and media type set up. I noted the actual keystrokes for the Lexmark setup, but not right here. Check back in about 4 hours, and I'll post what I have. IIRC stamps.com defaults to Plain paper type, not COM10 or Envelope.

Notes for bizhub 4750 (Lexmark rebadge):
    How to print COM10 envelopes from Stamps.com software:

Set paper size/type: Utility > User Settings > Printer Setting > Paper Setting > Paper Tray > Manual Feed > Paper Size > select Any (not envCom10) > OK > Paper Type > Plain (not Envelope) > OK > Close x7. Load envelopes flap down, to the right.

To configure Stamps.com software: Open software > Envelopes > Enter the destination address > select postage rate > Print Postage > "Name" drop down to "KONICA MINOLTA 4750 Series PCL6" > "Paper Feed" drop down to "Manual" > Print Sample > Is everything right?: "Yes" > completes configuration.

=^..^=
    Last edited by blackcat4866; 08-11-2019 at 12:05 AM.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I went through this exact issue with stamps.com on a Lexmark. There is a setup procedure in the software to set print defaults, specifically tray selection and media type. Additionally the MFP must have the bypass tray size selection and media type set up. I noted the actual keystrokes for the Lexmark setup, but not right here. Check back in about 4 hours, and I'll post what I have. IIRC stamps.com defaults to Plain paper type, not COM10 or Envelope.

Notes for bizhub 4750 (Lexmark rebadge):
    How to print COM10 envelopes from Stamps.com software:

Set paper size/type: Utility > User Settings > Printer Setting > Paper Setting > Paper Tray > Manual Feed > Paper Size > select Any (not envCom10) > OK > Paper Type > Plain (not Envelope) > OK > Close x7. Load envelopes flap down, to the right.

To configure Stamps.com software: Open software > Envelopes > Enter the destination address > select postage rate > Print Postage > "Name" drop down to "KONICA MINOLTA 4750 Series PCL6" > "Paper Feed" drop down to "Manual" > Print Sample > Is everything right?: "Yes" > completes configuration.

=^..^=
    I JUST downloaded the stamps.com software today. We're trying everything to get around the job status lighting up every time an envelope gets sent. Will report back. Trying it in-house before we try at customers.

Thanks everyone!!!!!

Update - got it working in our lab! Should be good in our field machine. If anything runs up, I'll post in here. Thanks all!!!