Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Unhappy PLEASE HELP ME.!! Experienced power Interruption while Updating Firmware ! HELP PLESE

Please help me guys, We have a Toshiba 2050C Printer, we experienced problem on scanning most of the time when we experienced this problem we just update or reload the firmware of the printer and the problem will be solved, but this morning when we are updating the printer firmware, unfortunately the electricity of the building fluctuates causing the printer to turn off while updating , now when i turn on the printer it stucks on the startup screen and when i try to access [4] + [9] + POWER ON it wont go to the utility where i can install the firmware again, tried also the [03]+[C] + POWER ON but still it just beep and nothings happen, as well as the Test Mode [0]+[8]+POWER ON please guys help me with this my boss thinks that ive ruined our printer even if i discussed what happen , PLEASE GUYS.!!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    PLEASE HELP ME.!! Experienced power Interruption while Updating Firmware ! HELP PLESE

Re: PLEASE HELP ME.!! Experienced power Interruption while Updating Firmware ! HELP P

You can hope it's just the HDD, and not the system board too. Treat it as you would a dead HDD. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    PLEASE HELP ME.!! Experienced power Interruption while Updating Firmware ! HELP PLESE

Re: PLEASE HELP ME.!! Experienced power Interruption while Updating Firmware ! HELP P

Once the copier is restored to life, regardless of the copier brand, if the building's power is constantly fluctuating, you definitely need to purchase a Tripp Lite LC1800 Line Conditioner.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    You can hope it's just the HDD, and not the system board too. Treat it as you would a dead HDD. =^..^=

So its with the hdd if icant access the 0+3 ,0+8 and 4+9 functions?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

You must acquire a Toshiba original SED-HDD. (Secure Encrypted Drive). An off the shelf HDD will not work.

Then you need to reload the V2191 firmware.

Then you need to reprogram the copier.

As you described the electrical supply as constantly flickering, the HDD was probably already damaged and ready to fail at any time. You were just the last unlucky person to touch the copier.

Unless you acquire a Tripp Lite LC1800 it will only be a couple of weeks/ months before the replacement SED-HDD fails as well.

The many scan failures you described are probably related to your unstable power supply.

If the replacement SED-HDD does not bring the copier back to life then your system board is damaged. Replacing that is a whole new cost and complicated procedure requiring a Toshiba factory trained technician.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Its also possible that the system board firmware is corrupt and would need reloaded with the recovery jig - then brought back up to date the normal usb way - you will have to replace that HDD no matter what as I am sure as others have stated that power issues will kill it.