Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    khouston53

Estudio 3511 network issue

The screen will not stop indicating the "network initializing" message. If I plug it into the network it does not obtain an IP and continues to display the above message and when I plug nothing into it at all it does the same. I try to get into the network config under the admin section and the Button is grayed out not allowing me to access the setting so that i can assign a static IP. I have tried reseting the NIC card and I have set the machine back to factory default... Any suggestions? I have a spare NIC card and was going to try and swap it out, but the light on the current nic card lights as it should......

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

Before replacing the NIC, try the following.

08-693 (Reset the NIC)
    08-1119 (Reset the NIC)

If those don't get your card up and running, then there is a jumper setting on the card it self. Remove the card, and change jumper settings for OP2 or FACT then plug the card back in and turn the machine on. When the lights on the card flash between Green and Orange, turn the machine off and then replace the jumper back to the original setting.

Failing that, do a firmware upgrade on the machine (including the NIC) and failing that, format the HDD using 08-690 mode 2.

WARNING -08-690 mode 2 will cause the loss of any information contained on the HDD including the address book, deparment codes, e-filing and etc.

If all this doesn't work, then replace the NIC and make sure it's firmware is concurrent with what is on the machine.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Copier Technician 250+ Posts
    TheOwl has given some good advice. I have had to replace quite a few NIC's on the eBridgeI machines. I just want to point out one thing which might save some frustration if you replace the NIC. It will be ruined if the firmware you install is at an older version than what is already on the NIC. Perhaps the following quote from Toshiba's TechNet will clairify what I mean:
    To avoid corrupting the NIC board on these models, do not rewrite (downgrade) the NIC firmware to a version older than the following.

230/280 2.01B
    350/450 2.02D
    3511/4511 2.02D

If the firmware is downgraded to older versions, the board will be damaged and have to be replaced.
    It should be pointed out that if you updating via the USB thumbdrive, version 200 is the version with 2.02D NIC firmware on it so any version at or after 200 will be safe.

When I am in front of an eBridgeI machine which is stuck on "network initializing" I will try and update the firmware to the latest version and if it fails at the NIC part then I know the board has been corrupted and I relplace it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    reset the NIC from control panel only
    worked for me every time
    08-693
    do it up to 20 times
    when "initialize" button apears on screen it is done

mtandos

Same problem here

Hey all,
    i'm having the exact same problem... except that the lights on the network card arent working properly either... just one solid green light all the time.

any ideas? I unfortunately dont have a spare NIC.
    I want to try the firmware update but alas i dont have access to it.

what are your thoughts?

if someone has the usb firmware would be much appreciated if you could send to me. (PM me for email address)

also if anyone knows where i can get a used/2nd hand NIC would be very helpfull also.

Thanks in advance.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    08-693 (Reset the NIC)
    08-1119 (Reset the NIC)

If those don't get your card up and running, then there is a jumper setting on the card it self. Remove the card, and change jumper settings for OP2 or FACT then plug the card back in and turn the machine on. When the lights on the card flash between Green and Orange, turn the machine off and then replace the jumper back to the original setting.
    Have you tried any of this yet?
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

mtandos
    yes, did 08-693 about 6 times till it gave the option "initialize" which i selected. restart.. same problem.
    08-1119 did nothing.. tried about 30 times.

also did the jumper change, boot, changeback, restart.
    the lights did not flash though.. only the green light is continually on.
    nothing really worked.

after 08-693 however.. i was able to access network settings in the admin menu (most of the time its greyed out) but i got in there long enough to change settings to correct for our network. upon applying new settings "network initializing" would come up again and would not go away.

also.. just now.. i switched the machine on (10th time today) and after 5-6 mins.. it logged onto the network.. I even was able to print from my pc. then.. when resetting.. back to the continual "network initializing"

any thoughts?

mikeyg

Re: Estudio 3511 network issue

Been working on a es450 for the past week w similar problem. I had updated the copier firmware, but not nic card firmware. didn't match! after nic update, kept static ip address. fixed!

ijameni

Re: Estudio 3511 network issue

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyg View Post
    Been working on a es450 for the past week w similar problem. I had updated the copier firmware, but not nic card firmware. didn't match! after nic update, kept static ip address. fixed!
    I set static ip on my 4511 that was working every once in a blue moon after a reboot and once right after a 08-1119 / 08-693 + NIC Jumper Reset until the next reboot.

1. Unplug the network cable

...so it doesn't constantly say network initializing / grey out your network button in admin and no web admin access.

2. Go to Admin > Network > Set Static IP to TCP / IP in the Admin interface on either web access or the machine directly.

3. Everything worked great after that except osx to file share direct smb connections. It appears this is an issue with old SMB technology. OSX 10.7 + no longer supports some older SMB connectivity options.

You will get this error: The version of the server you are trying to connect to is not supported. Please contact your system administrator to resolve the problem.

Many older NAS' and apparently the smb technology / firmware on this toshiba e-studio 4511 as well.
    Last edited by ijameni; 06-25-2014 at 09:42 AM. Reason: I wanted to specify the issue is with osx not the printer per se..