Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Gmail addresses being blocked by account email.

This is another problem that has been occurring recently,

Customer calls in and says scan to email isn't working. I remote into their computer, I test the smtp client, and it says connection successful. I ask the customer to scan to their email. The customer does not receive the email. I have whitelisted the email address of the copier in the gmail settings, the scans aren't going to their spam, it's just not arriving. I've tried with out company's own smtp paid email server, and with gmail, the results are the same, copier reports sent successfully, nothing arrives in the customer's inbox. I ask the customer to send email to my company account (not @gmail, but it's a gmail domain) and I receive the emails immediately.

This is another problem that seems to be increasing in recent weeks. Any help offered would be appreciated.

Thank you Marc

Re: Gmail addresses being blocked by account email.

Is there a body and subject line in the email

Gmail updates the filters regularly

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I usually add the company name with Scans at the end to the email title, and have tried multiple addresses in the from line. I add "Please do not reply to this email" in the message body, but the last account had those settings at default before I started trying to test the settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Logged-on View Post
    I usually add the company name with Scans at the end to the email title, and have tried multiple addresses in the from line. I add "Please do not reply to this email" in the message body, but the last account had those settings at default before I started trying to test the settings.
    If it's leaving the equipment it's getting filtered either at the Gmail server or at the clients location

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

If it's being filtered by the Gmail server, then I shouldn't receive it either, the last account I spoke with was a church with just a couple computers, I did notice they were running defender, but that didn't prevent the email from being accessed on their computer that sent to my account.

Try changing the Gmail account

Sender should be the same email

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I mentioned creating new accounts, but more than one customer was reluctant. I did have one create an outlook account and it worked fine.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Gmail addresses being blocked by account email.

Does the customer have to use smtp.gmail.com or can they use a different smtp client?

Have you updated copier firmware to latest?

Have you tried to install the free eBridge Plus for Gmail app?

e-BRIDGE Plus for Gmail - Toshibatec App

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

No, I think I mentioned our company has their own smtp server. So we tried using our jangosmtp server as well as gmail. Both results were the same.

Can't say I've checked firmware, and did not know about e bridge plus app, I'll check that out,

Thank you.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I was able to download and installed the e-bridge plus for gmail app, but basically ran into the same problem. Once the customer opens the app on the screen, it prompts them for an email address, and if he uses his gmail account, it's supposed to send a 4 digit key to his inbox. The email with the 4 digit key is never received by his email. I had him test the machine with my account, and everything appears to be working without issue. My current work around was to create a new outlook email, and ask the customer to scan to that, but he still wants to forward those emails to his original account, which works but should be an unnecessary step.

The machine firmware is at 1610, but I have it set to update tonight. (Never had the greatest success with cloud firmware updates)

Thank you again for your thoughts.