Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts CopyDawg's Avatar

Toshiba 3511 Scan to File?

I am trying to get my Imagistics 3530 (Tosh 3511) to scan to file...It looks like it is working, but I cant seem to locate the file on my computer. Can anyone tell me if there is a special file it usually ends up in, or if there is a way to program where it sends the file to?

thanks!

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

Depends on how you have set the machine up, but as standard, the machines scan back to their own HDD's. Try checking the copier to see if your scans are being held there. Use the following to check for the scans.

\\CopierIPAdress\File_Share\

If you aren't scanning to the local share on the machine, then you must check which 'Remote' scan location or 'Template' you are using. Once you know exactly which location you are using to scan to, go into TopAccess and have a look at the UNC path either in the Remote scan location or the Template you are using.

If you are scanning to Email, make sure that the machine is authorised to send email through your SMTP server. If it isn't, the machine will report that it sent the email ok, but the server will delete the email presumming it is spam.

Finally, check the 'Log' on the copier. Go to Job Status - Log - Scan and see if there are any errors in the list. If there are, check the Users Manual as these codes are written in there.

Hope this helps.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts CopyDawg's Avatar
    Thanks this should be helpful for one of my machines....however, this is only good if the copier is connected by ethernet right? Is there a way to scan-file on a machine connected to only one computer by USB?

Thanks!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    AFAIK USB is only for printing.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I found the same thread, but different user names here

Not sure if they have permission to copy and paste the Forum, somebody knew that?

Regards

Regards

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I found the same thread, but different user names here

Not sure if they have permission to copy and paste the Forum, somebody knew that?

Regards

Regards

Unbelievable!