Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    daniel5455

Toshiba EStudio 350 Not Printing

I have a 350 and i replaced the HDD cause it was defective. And now we cant print. From reading other post i see that i need to update the firmware after installing a new HDD. Can someone send me the firware and also instructions on updating it and do i need to do some other things to the drive after installing it under the 80 menu.
    my email is security54@gmail.com

thanks

Technician
    Some precautions to be aware of is to make sure you have the right firmware, and if the firmware fails, you may need to get the actual JIG which I beleive Toshiba still rents, but quite pricey.

You may also have to verify network settings obviously in the admin section of the control panel.

After Firmware you may need to do the following.
    Perform 08-693 (initialization of the NIC information).
    and 08-690 to format the HD

If you do not have the service manual then follow these instructions at your own risk.

To Upgrade or Add Firmware to a New HD

Update of HDD program data and UI data.
    • Create partitions. (In case of using the download jig, this is not necessary.) While pressing [3] and [CLEAR] button, turn the power ON. When “Firmware Version Up Mode” appears on the LCD, key in [3] and press the [START] button.

Turn OFF the power of equipment.

(1) Download the firmware you need (I don't have a copy of any of it.)

(2) Put in on a USB drive formatted as FAT

(3) Take off the cover plate that covers the USB slots.

(4) Connect the USB storage device to the USB connector (host) on the SYS board.

• Do not connect multiple USB storage devices together.
    • The USB storage device can be connected to either of 2 USB connectors (host).
    • In case the printer kit (GM-1010), printer/scanner kit (GM-2010) and scanner upgrade kit
    (GM- 3010) are used, the update must be performed after all the "dongles" are disconnected
    from the USB connector (host) and only the USB storage device is connected.

Nothing can be in any of the USB slots besides the firware USB key.

(5) Turn ON the power while [4] button and [9] button are pressed simultaneously. The screen for selecting the items to be updated is displayed after 3 minutes. “*” is displayed next to the items to be updated. (All items other than "0. OS Update" are selected in the default settings.)

(6) Select the item with the digital keys. “*” is displayed next to the selected item. Display or delete the “*” by pressing the number of the item. All items are selected in the default settings.
    • Select all items to update the firmware of the equipment in a batch.

(7)Press the [START] button.
    Updating starts and the processing status is displayed on the LCD screen. When the multiple items are selected, updating starts in order of item number.

(8) “Update Completed.” is displayed at the bottom of the LCD screen after the updating is completed
    properly.

(9) Turn OFF the power, remove the USB storage device and install the connector cover.

(10) Perform the initialization of the updating data (NVRAM updating).
    a. Turn ON the power while [0] button and [8] button are pressed simultaneously.
    b. Key in “947”, and then press the [START] button.
    c. Press the [INITIALIZE] button.
    d. Reboot copier
    Last edited by blaineV; 05-15-2009 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Added a few more things

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Did you do code 1119 to preserve your network settings after FW update? If not you will have to enter in your network information again.

uddin.abbas

Toshiba e-studio350

I have a tosiba e-studio 350 photocopier with printer. And now we cant print. Pls told me how can i Print it.

many time I am tried it (but reply that add printer kit).

thanks

Unktone

Re: Toshiba EStudio 350 Not Printing

If someone DID perform the upgrade with the GM2010 still in the port, is it liable to be corrupt? I had a tech replace our HDD and ever since nobody can network print, and the scan button doesn't even turn green when you press it. I have reconfigured everything that I thought I had to...

Any info would be great, because if he corrupt my enabler I will be calling them