Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts CopyDawg's Avatar

Printing Envelopes on Toshiba 3511?

Does anyone know how to properly set the Toshiba 3511 to print envelopes from the bypass tray? It doesnt seem to allow you to set the exact size of your paper, and even though my customer is setting the document up as an envelope on her computer...the Copier just keeps recognizing it as Letter sized paper. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Printing Envelopes on Toshiba 3511?

That machine doesn't officially support com10 envelopes (or any kind for that matter). Despite the driver setting. I wouldn't use it for that.
    At least it didnt when I was working with those machines!

Regards.
    A.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    I agree with copytechman .. you are only going to give yourself headaches if you try to print envelopes on a Toshiba. The 280/2/3 series support it but only one at a time through the bypass. That's the answer I give customers or salesmen. Some models (not 3511 I think) have 08 code 449 which turns of paper jams due to size errors. I --think-- you might be able to use that to fool the machine into printing on an envelope. I.E. MS Word would send the envelope as letter, you have an envelope loaded, the machine prints on the envelope and doesn't jam because it's not the right size. If this works you would run the risk of someone printing on the wrong size many times and dusting toner everywhere. (Say they loaded the tray with LT and printed a bunch of full coverage LD documents.)

Wattman

Unhappy I just can't believe it!

I'm just a user and own a very nice 3511 which I have in my home office - but it is so hard to believe that a manufacture would design, built and market a "Business Printer/Copier" for the Business World and it can not print at least a business envelope - I would think I could purchase a printer from Wal-mart capable of that, but maybe not!

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Wattman View Post
    I'm just a user and own a very nice 3511 which I have in my home office - but it is so hard to believe that a manufacture would design, built and market a "Business Printer/Copier" for the Business World and it can not print at least a business envelope - I would think I could purchase a printer from Wal-mart capable of that, but maybe not!
    The reason for this is because anything faster than a 280/2/3 will crease or crumple the envelope. So it has to do with the actual speed of the MFP.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Also when I went to training you could "trick" it into printing envelopes by using the actual size of the envelopes but you can not use color they have to be black and white only.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!