Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sisadmin View Post
    Hi,

We have the same issue here. I'm in Australia and have tested both the PCL6 and PS3 drivers provided on Toshiba's Australian site.

Our printer queue is created on a 2 node clustered print server (each node has ~320 queues), Windows Server 2003 SP2 R2 Enterprise.

Printing is slow even just doing a test page, the job will sit in the spooler for at least 10-15 seconds. If trying to do a test page in MS Word with just two words typed it will hang Word while it is trying to spool.

Our servers have other print drivers for other Estudio models (ranging from 451c to 3510c and 4520c) and HP laser printers on it.

I have tried with the Estudio 3510 and 4520 drivers but the job fails to print.

Now for more troubleshooting I have installed the driver and queue locally on my Windows XP machine and it prints fine.

I have also installed the driver and tested a local queue on a newly built Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise server and it works fine too, no delay in spooling to printing.

I am yet to test drivers from the Canadian site (apparently they always work better) but will do so now.

edit: tried the canadian drivers (which are a version increment of .1 ahead of Australia's) and still the same.

Also of note, when closing the printer properties we receive the attached error about Explorer.exe. I have full administrator rights over the servers.
    That error message is regarding the permissions for the login you are using. It has to do with domain admin vs local admin vs group admin or something along these lines. I had it with a KM machine and the user had to be added to ALL the admin groups then returned to the workgroup it was on.

Also use the print as image setup as was previously posted. It will reduce the size of the document. I came across this when a customer added a patch to adobe and it started acting like this.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Try these:

sisadmin
    Quote Originally Posted by ivovb View Post
    Try these:

were you supposed to post something there?

In any case the problem continues on Estudio 4520's we have. Current driver version seems to have been updated on the toshiba.com.au site to eS4520c_W2K_XP_VISTA_PCL_5.11.84.0

The new drivers require firmware update too (to T450SY0E120) so we will try this. Hope it works.

It would be nice if Toshiba actually provided a list of fixes in their driver and firmware releases as HP does, but they tend to be pretty secretive when dealing with public affairs.

Princej

Toshiba e-studio 6530c SLOW print times

Hi all,

I am new to this forum.

We do encounter a lot of this PDF printing issues and by setting 'print as image' problem solved.

Thus, suggest the the tread starter try that out.

Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Princej View Post
    Hi all,

I am new to this forum.

We do encounter a lot of this PDF printing issues and by setting 'print as image' problem solved.

Thus, suggest the the tread starter try that out.

Thanks

As a newbie I would suggest to read out old posts before reposting already posted solutions:

Quote Originally Posted by dxb_oait View Post
    Hai AMcLaughlin

is your problem solved? if not try this.

Print as image

At times, you may encounter problems when printing a PDF file. For example, a PDF file can contain damaged content such as images or fonts that cannot be rendered by Acrobat during the printing process. Choosing Print As Image bypasses that rendering operation by sending the printer a rasterized image of the document.
    To print as image:

1. Open the PDF file in Acrobat.
    2. Choose File > Print.
    3. Click Advanced.
    4. Select Print As Image near the top of the dialog box.
    5. Click OK, and then click OK again to print.
    Concerning my unfinished post "Try these" I was trying to upload new drivers but obviously not successfully. As I previously say slow printing is matter of firmware/driver and sisadmin confirms it.

BR

Princej
    Quote Originally Posted by ivovb View Post
    As a newbie I would suggest to read out old posts before reposting already posted solutions:

BR
    I maybe a newbie to this forum but not to Toshiba Copier problem. You mentioned 'already posted solutions' but until the TS has tried it out and problem solved then it is a solution to TS problem. Till then, it is just suggestion.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by AMcLaughlin View Post
    I don't know about all of the other users, But we have no end of trouble leaving SNMP on the port settings, disable it and set it to LPR print as que name and tick LRP byte count, sorry if someone has already suggested this.

sisadmin
    Thanks so much Ricefoxnz. That fix worked for us . I guess the SNMP has some trouble on our boxes. Print spool times have gone from 1 minute to about 6 seconds on some of the trouble MFDs

Technician
    Glad I could help, we disable it on every toshiba/sharp machine we install!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tinnyjay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    You cannot install those machines unless you are not an autorized Toshiba tech. Call a tech and don't waste our time.
    If you dont want to waste time,why you write here in this forum"Dont waste our time"???!
    Save your time without loosing time writing "Dont waste our time"