Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    eStudio 280 Network Printing

A NIC initialize will reset the NIC to factory settings and potentially remove any conflicting settings on the device.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

CPH
    Quote Originally Posted by reaser View Post
    It is a 280. The port name is IP_IPAddress. The port is set to RAW 9100. I will have to check the admin properties tomorrow as I'm working remotely right now. I can ping the 280 so what would a nic initialization do?
    Try setting the port to LPR and in queue name put print

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I first attempted to test the connection, try connect a laptop where the machine is connected, try access with the laptop to the network, if this work fine,
    make a NIC initializaion, and configure the NIC again, the ip, gateway and SMB session.
    in the drive make sure that the state of SNMP is activated, then in the properties of the drive go to configuration, make sure that the "Enable SNMP Comunication" is enabled. and click in update now. If the machine give no error, she will print.
    If this don't work, try the most simple, link one computer directly to the machine and check if is a problem of the machine or if the network.

Technician
    When you get on site check the enabler for the machine. With the machine turned off remove the cover and look for the enabler part number, it should read GM-1020 for PRINT kit or GM-2020 for PRINT/SCAN. If it is not one of these you won't be able to print or scan, but you can still ping the machine and use TOPACCESS.

Service Manager 100+ Posts Claudio's Avatar
    Which enabler are you using ?

Technician
    I did not originally setup the NIC settings. The company we bought it from had there technician install the enabler and enter the IP configuration for our network. When I checked the Network settings I saw he had all the setting wrong.

I tried to reenter them but for some reason it wouldn't let me assign the original IP we told the technician. It kept saying IP conflict. Almost as if it wasn't releasing that info. No big deal though. I just assigned a new static IP and I am now able to print successfully.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to my problem

Senior Tech 100+ Posts mitsubee's Avatar
    can you double confirm or double check the enabler please..... 350/450 and 230/280 is different....

Technician
    Resetting the NIC fixed my problems.