Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

eStudio 280 Network Printing

I'm having some problems getting this device to print on the network. I can ping it by IP but when installing on the server or any machine it does not see the printer after installing the driver.

I am using default TCP/IP port settings. I have 4 cd's from the company we bought the printer from. Client1, Client2, Admin, Manuals.

Can someone give me some insight on what I might be doing wrong?

Technician
    Look on the right side rear of the machine, is there an Enabler under an cover there? It should look like a USB jump drive. If its not there then you won't be able to Print/Scan. Even without the Enabler you can ping the copier and access the web interface (TOPACCESS). If you do have the Enabler, make sure the IP address is set to static. On the Driver use the Standard TCP/IP port with RAW selected and port # 9100 used. Also enable SNMP on the Port. If your test page is still just sitting in the queue then check your firewall settings. Hope this helps.

Technician
    The Enabler was actually installed by the vendor we purchased the device from. It is set to static. I did not enable SNMP though. I will try again, I'm just wondering should I use the PCL 6 or the PS3 driver? I currently setup the port using the PCL 6 driver.

I will try reinstalling with SNMP enabled and reviewing firewall settings and report back.

Thanks for the feedback.

Technician
    I am working remotely and now TopAccess is telling me the printer requires attention. Any idea what the likely cause would be?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

Just to make sure that it is only the print driver causing you issues, try installing one of the local SMB queues on the machine.

\\copieripaddress\pcl6

or

\\copieripaddress\ps3

If that works, then you know it is just the way that the driver has been setup. The above print queues will only work if SMB is enabled on the machine (it is enabled by default).

As for your machine requiring attention, you are better off to look at the machine itself as the machine may have an error code up or something.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Technician
    TheOwl i'm not sure I understand what you are saying, install local SMB que's?

I did confirm that the printer is turned on, the enable is plugged in, and no error code is being displayed on the printer LCD display. The bottom right corner of TopAccess does show that a connection is established.

When I try to print, TopAccess displays The Printer Requires Attention.

I noticed that in TopAccess print que nothing displays, I'm assuming because there was an error sending to printer.

Any help here is greatly appreciated. It's driving me nuts and we need to get this up and running.

Is the print job still in the Windows Print queue, or does it get to the machine?

If it is getting to the machine, have you checked the 'Job Status' to make sure it isn't something such as incorrect paper size?

Have you setup all the options with in the print driver correctly such as the machine configuration (which should be able to detact what the machine has automatically by pressing a button in that tab)?

What I mean about installing the local SMB queue from the copier, is that the Toshiba's act as a print server like Windows will.

Here is how to install the local queue on the machine to your computer.

1. Start
    2. Run
    3. Type in '\\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\ps3' (replace x's with your copiers IP address)
    4. OK
    5. If prompted, click 'Yes'
    6. The printer should now be installed on your computer

Technician
    It doesn't appear that it ever makes it to the printer. The windows print que pops up saying it failed to print (the windows default error).

When I go to the configuration screen to enable Automatic updating for the device configuration I get the following error:

Retrieval of printer configuration failed.

When I type \\printerip\ps3 or \\printerip\pcl6 I get the following error:

No network provider accepted the given network path.

I guess it looks like the drivers are not installed correctly? I have uninstalled and installed several times. At this point I'm wondering what the correct drivers are for this machine. Again, it is an eStudio 208.

Is the machine a e-Studio 208 or and e-Studio 280???

If it is a 208, then half of this doesn't apply. If it is a 280, then we are on the right track.

As for the failure of the printer configuration, have you renamed the TCP port by any chance? the default name should be something like IP_xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (x's represent the IP address). If that is changed, then there can be issues.

In the admin mode of the copier, check to make sure that SMB is enabled for the print queue's and file_share.

If you can get into TopAccess, then make sure that your RAW port (default is 9100) is the same as the number that you are entering into the TCP/IP Port in the driver.

If all else fails, try a NIC initialize either through 08 mode or via the OP2 jumper. All the info that you will need is in the service manual. Please make sure that you follow the procedures written in the service manual.

Technician
    It is a 280. The port name is IP_IPAddress. The port is set to RAW 9100. I will have to check the admin properties tomorrow as I'm working remotely right now. I can ping the 280 so what would a nic initialization do?