Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    noevadeaux

Toshiba EStudio 3511 Fax & Email Questions

My customer got this "great deal" and I went to install it today. It prints through the network, I can scan to the designated folders, but am having problems with the Fax and Email options......here's my problems:

FAX- when in the Admin section, in the fax settings, I only see the RX Options button available - all others, initial setup, etc., are grayed out. I have installed the Fax option on all the workstations, but when we try to fax, after going to properties, I only see the internet fax address - we cannot input any phone numbers to fax to........what am I missing?

Email - the customer has a simple peer to peer network, and no domain server or email server - is emailing from the Toshiba even an option?

Is there a manual I can download or purchase that will give me instructions on setting these options up?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    please reset fax board
    hold down 1 and * and power on
    then 100 START
    102 START
    103 START
    for e-mail use settings from ISP provider
    maybe use smtp from outlook

Senior Tech 100+ Posts mitsubee's Avatar
    If you dont do the *+1 100 102 103 ..... how come you dont expiriencing machine odd behavior when printing or scaning ?

Email - set up a valid email adress for you machine and configue the mail server ip and dns ...

Confused & Bewildered 250+ Posts sdrawkcab's Avatar
    Are you sure the copier has a fax installed

noevadeaux
    Thanks for the info, folks! I will try everything Monday when they open back up.

The machine does have a fax board - I can see the two telephone line ports, hooked up a known working telco line to test in the LINE port, and the seller said the machine had fax and email capabilities......I'm hoping the fax reset will allow me to get in to the inital setup screen, and that will do the trick for faxing.

I did input ISP information (mail server name, account name, dns numbers, etc.) and started receiving incoming emails, but could never send an email, then I later realized I need to change the outgoing smtp port, since their ISP does not use the default port number - I think I can remember where to change that..........we don't really want to receive emails on that machine, just send them, so can I disable incoming emails without messing anything up? If so, where?

Again, thanks for the information - I really appreciate it. I'll let you know how things go Monday.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    to disable the incoming e-mails just disable the POP Service and in the SMTP Client disable the Pop before Smtp, and to receive e-mails configure the SMTP Client.
    to this work you need to configure the SMB Session, and DNS Session.
    I hope this helps..

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    The PC fax issue was a driver problem resolved with a later version of the 3511 drivers. Update the MFP to latest version and download newest drivers from Toshiba. Sounds like you are using the CDs that came with the MFP. All network settings can be configured from Top Access including default mail port settings.