Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DDmUSA

Toshiba e-Studio 350 Scan to Desktop File not Working

I am trying to use the "Scan to File" function on a Toshiba e-Studio copier. I am using the "Remote 1" SMB destination to specify a shared folder on a Windows XP Professional desktop.

The machine name is: stillwell-111
    The share name is: scans

In the SMB path field, I am specifying: \\stillwell-111\scans\

I am receiving a "File Storage Error" with status code 2D33 when attempting to scan to file.

What is happening here to prevent the scan from completing successfully?

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    If you do not have the DNS info setup then it will not find the computer by name. Also try using the ip address instead of the name. Also make sure to include the username/password in the setup of the scanning.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    The error code indicates that the MFP is being denied permissions to write to the folder so username/password is not the issue. Check you permissions under sharing and security to ensure that the user (User name you assigned to the MFP) has full control to the folder. Also ensure that "Simple File Sharing" is diabled. Ed

DDmUSA

Scan to File is Still Not Working

The environment is a Microsoft Windows 2003 Server with SP2. I tried to scan to a shared folder on the server and also to a folder shared on a domain member workstation running Windows XP Professional. I tried using the machine name and also the IP address.

What should the syntax be for the network path in the "Remote 1" configuration?

I tried the following for network path:
    \\machine name\share name\
    \\ip address of machine\share name\
    \\ip address of machine\machine name\share name\

With regard to user name and password, do i simply specify the user name and password, with no domain specification.

The domain is: stillwell.local

I came across information on the Internet mentioning the policies defined on the server for digital signing. I modified these settings accordingly, but still no success.

One of the replies on this site mentions "disable simple file sharing". What and where is that?

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DDmUSA View Post
    The environment is a Microsoft Windows 2003 Server with SP2. I tried to scan to a shared folder on the server and also to a folder shared on a domain member workstation running Windows XP Professional. I tried using the machine name and also the IP address.

What should the syntax be for the network path in the "Remote 1" configuration?

I tried the following for network path:
    \machine nameshare name
    \ip address of machineshare name
    \ip address of machinemachine nameshare name
    I am sorry but there were some issues with 2k3 server I believe the share has to be in the root of the c:\ drive and that is one issue. Either of the first two will (should) work. The ip address is what I use on a static machine and if not then I make sure the dns is the same as the work station and use the second.

Quote Originally Posted by DDmUSA View Post
    With regard to user name and password, do i simply specify the user name and password, with no domain specification.

The domain is: stillwell.local

I came across information on the Internet mentioning the policies defined on the server for digital signing. I modified these settings accordingly, but still no success.

One of the replies on this site mentions "disable simple file sharing". What and where is that?
    Usually you do not need the domain.

to disable simple file sharing

open my computer (or just about any other window)
    click tools folder options
    click the view tab then scroll to the bottom and uncheck the files sharing button.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

DDmUSA

Details to Verify

The IP address of the Windows 2003 Server (domain controller) is: 192.168.100.2

The Gateway IP address is: 192.168.100.1

When specifying DNS in the copier, I presume I should use the Windows server address, right?

Also, I do have WINS specified using the Windows server address.

The file folders on the server are as follows:

The Windows 2003 Server has an "E" drive, and within the "E" drive is a folder named "users" that has a share name of "scans". Within the "users" folder is a separate folder for each of the workers.

Based on one of the replies, is it never possible to scan to file and have the resulting file end up on a server scenario like this, involving an "E" drive and then a sub-folder for each worker?

If the the "users" folder was moved to the "C" drive, and each worker had a separate folder within the "users" folder, would it work with the folders residing on a drive "C" and not "E".

Does having a folder within the share create a problem for the Toshiba copier and/or the drive being "E" and not "C" in the eyes of the server locally?

Another scenario is this:

What if I were to create a shared folder on each of the workstations, and not use the Windows 2003 server, would the rules be that the shared folder must exist on the root of the "C" drive with no sub-folders involved?

Please advise on both scenarios. Ideally, I would like to use the server, and it is required to use separate folders for each of the workers, so if it's not possible to use a single shared folder with sub-folders for each of the workers, let me know. I'd be willing to create 16 separate shared folders on the root of the server's "C" drive if necessary.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Try using the admin username/password as a temporary test. If it works, the IT rep needs to modify the current user as a local domain user. I have set up many scan to file locations on 2003 server and have been able to scan to as many sub folders as needed. Another way to test the user name/password is to log onto a workstation with those credentials, and try to navigate to the folder you have created. I usually rely on the customers IT support staff to work with Domain Controllers so I don't have too much experiance. Ed

Markol91784

Try FTP instead of SMB

I had a similar problem. I could get the SMB connection to work from the copier but not as a template. I set up an FTP server on the server and had no permission problems.

bnicolas

"File Storage Error" trying to scan to network folder using Windows 7

I keep getting this error, in windows 7 home environment, I am sure the share folder is writeable because I've test from another pc on network. I can scan to e-file/folder and then use the e-studio file downloader, but this process is cumbersome and for the volume of scanning we need to do is not practical

my machine is actually a estudio 232 but I thinks its a networking problem similar to what others here are experiencing and not related to machine type

bnicolas

Log Message under Scan

is saying "Logon to file server failed. Check username and password"

what is the file server that mfp is trying to log onto the local client?

I entered the l/p for that into topaccess??