Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    kip

E-Studio 3511 Transfer Belt Replacement

I got a transfer belt to be replaced. Cant figure out how to get the unit out. Cant even get the developer unit out!! Ive worked on copiers for years and have never ran across one that is kicking me like this one. I am missing something! Can someone help!!!!!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment
    from The Internet's largest collection of manuals

Paul@justmanuals.com

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Jeez.... I feel for ya... its not a simple task on that box.. does it have a finisher attached? Please advise.. it'll take awhile!

Regards!
    A.

kip
    yes it does. Im a tech and have been for years. Ive worked on the blackand white estudios but have been working on the Xerox for the past couple of years.
    I have to be missing something. I have the tray cover removed. I have the back board panel removed. I have the color toner cart out and have the dv unit cover off, and the drum unit looks like its ready to slide out. I figure that the transfer belt and cleaning unit come out together on top. but cant figure out where it is released!!! What a design. act like you will never have to replace the transfer belt!!! Thanks for your help!!!

kip
    Quote Originally Posted by manuals4you View Post
    This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment
    from The Internet's largest collection of manuals

Paul@justmanuals.com
    only see the service support guide for th estudio 3511. Not sure if that will have the info I need.

http://www.justmanuals.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=3511%2C4511&x= 0&y=0

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Again its a stinker!! And not easy to describe by txting! Theres a release mechanism in the front of the machine behind a cover or two.. Your best bet is the service manual itself to describe it.. theres a release lever, a bracket that has to come out. A metal cover iirc.. Its been a while! Again my heart goes out to u! I never did like those boxes.. and then to change the belt... yeesh.. also the right door needs to be open too... Its a pain.. and a lot of work for a belt.

Regards!
    A.

kip
    Well,I ordered the manual and it sent me a manual for en estudio 350 instead of a 3511
    augh!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts audioimaging's Avatar

worst design ever

I'll try to do this in a way that makes sense (if that's possible with this box).

First, the bridge unit must be removed (the unit that takes paper from fuser to finisher), then top cover must be removed. Also cover behind top cover (has a hole where the wires for the bridge unit come through) must be removed.

Have a shot (whiskey helps)

in the front of machine the transfer belt unit has a latch that lifts it. the latch usually has a screw locking it in place. remove said screw. don't move latch yet. first you have to remove screws holding belt assy in place. there are two blue screws to the right and above the drum unit (unless someone replaced blue screws with regular ones) and two hidden screws that are on long shafts and screw into rear frame of belt unit. You can see the hidden screws by looking into openings near the blue screws (they are in close proximity).

If you have all the screws out, the belt unit will lift when you turn the latch. Don't do that yet.

Have another shot of whiskey.

In the front of machine, there are 2 connectors that connect to the belt unit. Before you can disconnect them, you must take off the metal plate blocking them (it's got a spring loaded gizmo that you can loosen by sliding...to the left if I remember correctly). Also, above the rear of the belt unit is a spring loaded mechanism that you must turn 45 degrees clockwise. now you can turn latch and lift up belt unit.

Homestretch time. The cleaning unit must be removed. To do this, you will see a metal plate at front of cleaning unit with 3 screws. remove this plate. Slide cleaning mechanism towards front then lift to the left. there should be a metal bracket on rear frame (some techs remove this...I don't know why) that is designed to hold cleaning unit.

With the cleaning unit to the left, you can lift the belt assy out and do the rest of this thrilling job. Then have another shot.

If it makes you feel better, know that the Japanese engineer responsible for this design, offed himself to save face.

Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by kip View Post
    Well,I ordered the manual and it sent me a manual for en estudio 350 instead of a 3511
    augh!
    That is incorrect! I posted a direct link to the correct manual, YOU clicked on the wrong item and didn't check it before you paid. It is impossible for my site to send the wrong manual The mistake was on your end!

Paul@justmanuals.com