Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    TSikes

Toshiba estudio 2830c error code CD71

My Toshiba e-studio 2830c is displaying a CD71 error code, call for service. I believe this indicates a full waste toner cartridge, which I have changed. The error code still displays. How can I fix this? Thanks.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts audioimaging's Avatar

Did you turn machine off then on???

Asking because some don't.

Providing you did, the drive for the waste toner bottle auger is not turning for some reason.

There is a mod available that increases the performance of the auger drive (a new drive coupling) but I've never needed to do this to get rid of that code.

Check operation of drive assy.

Good Luck.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    A lot of times this model mounds the toner up like a mountain towards the opening on the bottle and causes the drive to lock up and the machine to code out. While I haven't seen it it is possible that this happened and something broke. Everytime I have seen it code out nothing broke.

TSikes
    I have turned it off, then on, several times, unplugged it and let it sit, etc. It tries to power on, then codes each time. The auger motor does turn as it is powering on, then codes again. Does it need a tech code to clear the error code? If so, do you know how to enter it? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ToshibaTech View Post
    A lot of times this model mounds the toner up like a mountain towards the opening on the bottle and causes the drive to lock up and the machine to code out. While I haven't seen it it is possible that this happened and something broke. Everytime I have seen it code out nothing broke.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts audioimaging's Avatar

No tech code

There is no reset code. Correct auger drive and the problem will resolve.

Fault lies in one of the following : Auger Drive, Auger lock detection sensor (would be my first choice), logic board.

Sounds like you need a tech.

Powerlinep

Re: Toshiba estudio 4520c error code CD71

We have a Toshiba E Studio 4520C copier. It is generating a CD71 error. I have removed the side and examined the waste toner unit and related parts and sensors. The container is less then 25% full. The sensors are all clean. The motor and augger are working. When I didconnect the sensors I get not change in the error code. I wonder if the cables are properly plugged into the logic board and do have most of the back off of the unit but dont see a specific related cable.
    Questions:
    Can I bypass these sensors? There will only be a few users on this unit and I will keep up with the waste toner.
    Where on the board do these sensors connect so I can examine for lose cabling.
    What troubleshooting can I do for this?
    Its very important that I fix this and welcome any advice available.
    Thanks!!!

Technician

Re: Toshiba estudio 2830c error code CD71

I did one of these today. A CD71 is a waste TRANSPORT motor drive locking error. In my case i had to remove the inner cover (Open the front door, below the drums, 2 screws). You will see a motor on the right, this transports the waste toner from the drums etc to the waste bottle. This should turn freely. In my case it would only turn one way, I removed the auger and cleaned it out.

Jason

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Toshiba estudio 4520c error code CD71

Quote Originally Posted by Powerlinep View Post
    We have a Toshiba E Studio 4520C copier. It is generating a CD71 error. I have removed the side and examined the waste toner unit and related parts and sensors. The container is less then 25% full. The sensors are all clean. The motor and augger are working. When I didconnect the sensors I get not change in the error code. I wonder if the cables are properly plugged into the logic board and do have most of the back off of the unit but dont see a specific related cable.
    Questions:
    Can I bypass these sensors? There will only be a few users on this unit and I will keep up with the waste toner.
    Where on the board do these sensors connect so I can examine for lose cabling.
    What troubleshooting can I do for this?
    Its very important that I fix this and welcome any advice available.
    Thanks!!!
    1/ Is the waste toner transport motor rotating? (Perform the output check: 03-415)
    ES-4520C_Waste_Toner_Motor.JPG
    2/ Is the auger lock detection sensor operating normally? (Perform output check: 03-[FAX] ON/ [2]/[G])
    ES-4520C_Auger_Sensor.JPG