Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Jack123

E-Studio Controller

I installed a new hard drive, new software and I can ping the ip address of the machine. However, when I hit the Network/Printer button the machine says "starting controller.. please wait...". after a min or two it goes back to the copier main screen. Can someone please help me.

Also, when I connect a monitor to the machine everything passes "ok" and then the screen loads localhost login.

Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Which e-Studio and controller you have?

BR

Jack123
    GL1010

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Did you load ver 1.xxx or 2.xxx? If ver 2, did you run the partition CD 1st? Did you remember to connect the small 2 or 3 pin harness that runs from the GL1010 motherboard to the SYS bd on the mainframe? If I remember correctly, if you are at ver 2.xxx and watching the controller boot on a monitor, you should see the boot process, then nothing but a small off white 5x5 screen. Not sure what you are seeing when you mention local host login. If you can get a pic of this please upload it. EMujo

Jack123
    Here is a picture of what is on the external monitor when everything is done booting.

And when I press the "Network/Printer" button on the copier it just says "Starting Network Controller... please wait..." then after a min it goes back to the home screen of the copier.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack123 View Post
    then after a min it goes back to the home screen of the copier.
    It is ok because machine has reached all reset time-out and the default screen is copy.

Maybe you have to wait about 10-20 min after copeing from upgrade CD in order files to be expanded and so on. Ping to controller only means that network card of GL is working.

BR

Linux Ninja 50+ Posts RyanPacific's Avatar

You may need firmware

One thing that can stop the GL series controllers from booting up to a usable point is memory if you haven't tried that already. Also keep in mind the firmware on the main body of the copier has to have firmware that is compatible with the version of the software on the controller. I've seen controllers act exactly like you describe because the firmware on the engine isn't compatable with the software version of the controler.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    I have done many software reloads on both the 1010, and 1020s. I have never seen this message. Are you reloading the ver 1.xxx or 2.xxx software? And are you sure of its authenticity. The software will be either WINNT or Linux.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    I have done many software reloads on both the 1010, and 1020s. I have never seen this message. Are you reloading the ver 1.xxx or 2.xxx software? And are you sure of its authenticity. The software will be either WINNT or Linux.
    CentOS is a server version of Linux. I bet he confused "linux" version as being able to use any linux and that is what happened. He needs to use a Toshiba recovery cd and reload it.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    E-Studio Controller

reload and reinstall

Mr Spock say correct, you must replace new CD 2, and run CD 1st again