Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Repair God? not quite 100+ Posts fireater's Avatar
    offend away ... toshiab manulas suck .. but you do realize also that you are working on possibly the WORST machine ever made?
    image quality sensor is under the transfer belt (refer to transfer belt removal in service manual )
    colour dev sensor with grey refence plate is beside the revolver unit. accessed on left side (remove finisher and bridge unit if equipped to access)
    same area as the revolver sensor accessed on left side (remove finisher and bridge unit if equipped to access)
    same area as the colour toner cartridge detect sensor. accessed on left side (remove finisher and bridge unit if equipped to access)
    I fix copiers ...Well Sorta

by the way .... you have the manual or the handbook..... manual is what shows you where the stuff and how to take apart. The handbook tells you codes and adjustments. (here in Canada there are 2 manuals) perhaps you are mising one?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    In layman's terms you need to remove everything you can see inside the machine (not the revolver, but transfer belt, drum unit, dv unit) and vacuum/clean all the toner that is most likely piled up all over the place. There are position/registration sensors in the transfer belt unit so I'd blow it out good, the density sensor over the revolver and IQ sensor under the right end (transfer) of the belt. Clean your scanner optics also. Then do 05-395, then do your calibrations from user functions / admin mode. That'll be about as good as it gets without putting parts in it. Oh, make sure you don't touch the grey refrence plate on the density sensor over the revolver.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts audioimaging's Avatar
    I'd like to start simple here.

Two questions:

How does the black developer look? It comes out fairly easily (remove grey cover behind waste toner bottle, two connectors and one screw and it slides out). It is fairly common for these to deplete and you will not see good brush on mag roller. Also if you take the top cover off, the developer unit will be almost empty.

Have you run test print 04-220? if so, how did it look? If the three colors all look good, it removes slit glass/transfer belt/drum etc and points directly to black dev unit. If colors look bad as well as black, it opens up a whole lot of possibilities, most which require a fair bit of knowledge of this hunk of dung.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by fireater View Post
    remove dum unit . remove the toner bottle assy (leave hopper in) now you should see the laser slit glass .... clean it... clean the image quality sensor above the transfer belt (right hand side) clean the colour dev sensor and grey reference plate (left side) DO NOT TOUCH THE GREY PLATE VACUUM OR BLOW OFF ONLY. clean the colour toner insertion sensor and the also clean the colour dev rotaion sensor. These machine dust horibly these senors are always dirty. do the calibrations 05-395 05-396 05-1642 05-1000 to 1003
    OK.
    I pulled off the right hand side as per manual,
    * cleaned the metal plate which was filthy,
    * cleaned all the toner off the colour revolver (don't worry didn't touch the developer!)
    * removed the drum and checked.
    * Removed the optical unit, cleaned it, the glass was very murky
    * Put it all back together ran 05 395 and 396
    * Powered back on ran calibrations from copier

The print is much better now - I would even say normal.

However still randomly got a CF40 in 05 mode after a test colour copy.

And strangely - never had this happen before but when i did the calibrations some of the colour printed a good half inch out of alignment - I'm hoping this is just the machine settling down after a major pull apart - or is it more likely a sensor was dirtied? I will report back if the alignment issue is persistent..

I did not perform
    05-1642 05-1000 to 1003

Will I benefit from them or would have the calibrations in software altered them?

Technician
    I will also say thankyou..

I just did a few colour copies of a very colorful A4 i tested when we first got the copier vs previous calibration to now, and the colour and quality of the print is better then ever!

The only problem left now is a bit of a rolling print error where the is toner missing off the page. I think this is a drum issue, but will post as a secondary issue.

Thanks guys - I hope this thread helps others.

Technician

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ToshibaTech View Post
    In layman's terms you need to remove everything you can see inside the machine (not the revolver, but transfer belt, drum unit, dv unit) and vacuum/clean all the toner that is most likely piled up all over the place. There are position/registration sensors in the transfer belt unit so I'd blow it out good, the density sensor over the revolver and IQ sensor under the right end (transfer) of the belt. Clean your scanner optics also. Then do 05-395, then do your calibrations from user functions / admin mode. That'll be about as good as it gets without putting parts in it. Oh, make sure you don't touch the grey refrence plate on the density sensor over the revolver.
    Im sure getting to the transfer belt and cleaning the sensors would make the print as good as new, but I dont think i am skilled enough to do so unfortunately. Well I probably am, but unless the machine dies or persistently gets errors, I dont want to screw around. I hate working with developer - i learned the hard way about developer about 10 years ago when I emptied some out of a copier when i got the shits thinking it was the waste toner.. lol - whoops

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by macmedic View Post
    I will also say thankyou..

I just did a few colour copies of a very colorful A4 i tested when we first got the copier vs previous calibration to now, and the colour and quality of the print is better then ever!

The only problem left now is a bit of a rolling print error where the is toner missing off the page. I think this is a drum issue, but will post as a secondary issue.

Thanks guys - I hope this thread helps others.
    Check on the right hand door for a black roller. Check this for gaps or the rubber/vinyl seperating from the foam core. These go bad just by looking at them. Usually the c/q issues show up as diagonal bands on the copies but not always.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

future reference. these are dusty machines. you will be doing this regularly. also the colour dev should always be kept within pm limits and yes USE
    the dev for the newer e-studio 351c series NOT the 3511 dev.... This is a Toshiba recomended update

Technician

This is the bad print i have been getting since I got the copier. This is a full A3, the repetition is too small to be the transfer or the drum, I would think its the fuser.

Anyone have any comments or seen this before? tends to get worse along the page as you can see