Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Looks like a 2nd transfer roller problem. Open right door, you will see a black roller about 20" long. Foam covered by rubber/vinyl. Look for bunching, wrinkling, loss of the vinyl. The pattern you posted is about the circumferance of this roller. The Image Quality sensors look at the pattern on the x-fer belt before it is transferred so this would not be the source of the CE40 error codes. It might be worth the $200-250 it will take to have this roller replaced and the MFP professionaly cleaned up. And I aggree with previous posts, this MFP is a dust bunny. If you have the money, there are many upgrades that can help with the dusting probelm including 351C developer, new gap tolerances on the DV units, an anti dusting kit. EMujo

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    Looks like a 2nd transfer roller problem. Open right door, you will see a black roller about 20" long. Foam covered by rubber/vinyl. Look for bunching, wrinkling, loss of the vinyl. The pattern you posted is about the circumferance of this roller. The Image Quality sensors look at the pattern on the x-fer belt before it is transferred so this would not be the source of the CE40 error codes. It might be worth the $200-250 it will take to have this roller replaced and the MFP professionaly cleaned up. And I aggree with previous posts, this MFP is a dust bunny. If you have the money, there are many upgrades that can help with the dusting probelm including 351C developer, new gap tolerances on the DV units, an anti dusting kit. EMujo
    The roller looks fine, the vinyl is coming off the foam. The unit is very clean now. Unfortunately toshiba in Sydney a fortune to do anything to the unit and third party toshiba repairers say no and slam the phone when they hear its a 3511. I have another 3511, maybe I will swap this transfer roller to test.. is there any issues doing this?

Is there a way to clean the roller if its just dirty?

Repair God? not quite 100+ Posts fireater's Avatar
    roller rarely need cleaning but t he vinyl cover always slips and bunches.... there has been 3 updates to this one..... swap it out with a used one is fine..... take note of the conductive grease at the rear side
    I fix copiers ...Well Sorta

Repair God? not quite 100+ Posts fireater's Avatar
    by the way if the roller is not the problem run some copies with the transfer belt cover off so u can see the image on the belt to eliminiate the possibility of the belt being the problem
    I fix copiers ...Well Sorta

Part# for the roller is 6LA27421000, doesn't sub for different areas so if you can get one from the US, it may be a little less and it will work. EMujo

Technician
    Sorry I should have said the vinyl IS NOT coming off the foam. the roller looks fine. Can I remove the roller for beter inspection and swap with my other copier?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Could be transfer belt drive problems or possible the revolver has some slop in it. The revolver should be tight front to back of the machine and rotationally. You could print out some fine red, blue, green lines and see under magnification if the colors are registered. If they aren't registered there are belts that wear out in the transfer belt drive and if you think taking apart a developer or transfer unit is bad I won't mention changing it out. You could still blow the transfer belt unit out maybe the sensors are being flakey on color registration.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    3511 - Light print from computer

I feel 4 u I really do, I was on one of the first canadian training courses for this dog... The pitch in your example looks to be either 2nd transfer or perhaps a contaminant on the 1st transfer roller itself.. its too small I believe to be the fuser belt or roller I think... and don't get me goin' on the transfer belt drive mod... just.. don't! lol.. like in previous post's i'd swap the 2nd xfer from the other unit just to see/isolate your issue and definately run ALL cq adjustments.. the machine will complain also if they aren't done in the correct order. The CF40 has to do with the colour auto-toner sensor not working quite right, thats a stinker cuz it can be anything from bad dev, contaminated toner, a dirty sensor, or even an improperly set doctor gap.. you can check which colour dev unit it's erroring out on tho, it's in the 0-8 modes... are you familiar with those? 08-823-0 to 08-823-2 (Y-M-C) where a result of 1 = the unit that doesn't want to tone properly.

Good luck and regards!
    A.

If the vinyl cover starts to wrinkle at one end you would see the same CQ issue. The only last 60K at best. EMujo