Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Zanfer
    Quote Originally Posted by ToshibaTech View Post
    If you are getting no yellow the Developer might have been pulled out of the unit. Take the Y unit apart and check the developer level, mag roller rotation etc. Fix that problem and then take apart and clean all the units, especially the charges.
    Thanks for the reply. I checked the developer unit. It seems okay, I did clean the units as well. As I stated above it seems my yellow toner is indicating as high density. What might be the cause for it? Is there any way to fix this problem?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanfer View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I checked the developer unit. It seems okay, I did clean the units as well. As I stated above it seems my yellow toner is indicating as high density. What might be the cause for it? Is there any way to fix this problem?
    You could try cleaning the IQ sensor in the middle underneath the belt near the 2nd transfer point. It's covered by a shutter and is pretty apparent when the belt is out of the machine.

If it really is high density you can adjust it down in 05-205 and then run a bunch of skyshots to get the toner out of there. Also check the doctor blade gap or the mag roller brush adjustment.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

CE40

I''l post this.. It may or may not help...I was in Chicago at a Toshiba color school recently... We discussed the fact that Toshiba has changed the developer mag rollers in the copiers from a " smooth, sand blasted type" to a "knurled or ribbed type".. The instructor mentioned that this has been solving CE40 errors,among others. The smooth mag rollers wear down and cause density issues and readings. You can lightly sand the surface of the mag roller or replace with new type ribbed mag roller.

Zanfer
    Thanks for the help ToshibaTech and tech07 3 service technicians came today and did some cleaning and checking stuff, but no good. They said that I have to send it to the workshop as they were not able to detect the fault. I live far away from the Toshiba workshop town and transporting it there will be a real pain in the as*. I'm able to get the black prints and copies by doing 08-556 to 0 and 08-557 to 0 ( Entering invalid numbers ). But auto calibration fails if I enable them and displays CE40 error.

I noticed my yellow toner has been spilled where it goes to the developper unit. I mean the small nozzle in the toner and the opening. I cleaned the powder and tried again, but same results.

By the way you have stated to do "bunch of skyshots to get the toner out of there" Can you please elaborate how to perform this? Thanks

Let me rephrase it. No guarantee this would work but you could go into normal mode with 556, 557, and 4546 set to zero (set them back when you are done and it is fixed 4546 can be set to 5.)

Then take the Y toner out and go into normal mode. Hit full color, hit image then monocolor then yellow, make a bunch of yellow sky shots (lay a piece of paper so that it only covers about 2 inches (50 mm) of the glass to the right of the slit glass). You're just trying to run a bunch of solid yellow copies so that it runs some toner out of the DV.

After that you can go and run 05-201, set your 08 codes back as mentioned, and then try to run 05-395.

Again, it may or may not work just an idea I have used a couple times before on other machines. It --shouldn't-- be out of wack but if it is you might have a toner sensor problem. Honestly it's not usually the yellow that causes a lot of problems for some reason. More often it's the other three. I hardly ever see Y developer depleted but the Y toner does dust more than the others. The air flow in these machines is peculiar.

Zanfer
    Thanks for the help ToshibaTech... I did what you have mentioned. But all blank sheets came out for mono color prints. I do not understand what you have mentioned as 4546 settings... Can you specify what you have mentioned by it?

By the way when I remove the yellow toner I noticed something is wrong with its nozzle. When I tilt it vertically yellow toner is spilling from it. ( Little by little ). And yes this machine is peculiar... I have spend more than what I have spent for the initial machine for parts, repair, service agreements and transport. I'm thinking to dump this machine and go for a new one.

Zanfer
    Just thinking... will a firmware upgrade helpful? Mine has

Printer Manufacture TOSHIBA
    Copier Firmware Version T380SY0A312
    Copier Main ROM Version 380M-14
    Copier Scanner ROM Version 380S-06

4546 on a 3510 series is the setting for when the machine preforms auto registration adjustment. You need to turn it off to get away from CA00 errors to do test prints then turn it back on so the machine will stay registered.

Zanfer
    Quote Originally Posted by ToshibaTech View Post
    4546 on a 3510 series is the setting for when the machine preforms auto registration adjustment. You need to turn it off to get away from CA00 errors to do test prints then turn it back on so the machine will stay registered.
    Thanks for the clarification... but how to perform the 4546 settings? Or is it 04-546? If so... I tried 04-546.. nothing happened

08-4546,08-556,08-557 this will make the machine not code out for the IQC sensors or the Registration sensors so that you can make copies. Just remember to set them back to 5, 1, 1 respectively.