Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    randy_ful

E-451c CE40 code.

I'm new to the site, and I have an e-studio 451c I have been working on for about a week, and It comes up with a CE40 code when it starts up after going into the automatic calibration, but that is the ONLY time it will show a CE40. I got this error BTW, after replacing the transferbelt and developing material. I have gone through the handbook and followed the troubleshooting material, to no avail.

any help would be awesome.

-Randy
    GGOS SF CA

Technician
    You need new firmware : v33L

randy_ful
    its got t410sy0u340

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

IQC

Take any finisher/bridge unit off the machine, and run the machine without the center cover on it (the one in the belly of the machine.) Watch the pattern on the belt to see what color is light or not present during it's calibration. If it's C, M, or Y, check the EPU's in the revolver unit. If it's the black, check the EPU and the lifting clutch. If it's neither, try cleaning the IQC sensor or replacing it.

Also check the operation of the revolver unit, if that is your problem then you're in for a headache.

Technician
    Firmware v340 does not contain a solution to the problem of error CE40

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Its not firmware.."got this problem after I disassembled....". You may have left a connector for the xfer unit disconnected, or the color density sensor may be out of whack. Did you perform the developer adjustmenst, and other 05 adjustments after replacing the developer?

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Do not forget to reset the counters for this error as well or it will come back.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Repair God? not quite 100+ Posts fireater's Avatar
    CE40 Image quality control test pattern abnormality: The

test pattern is not formed normally.

remove bridge unit and belt cover ... whatch the image being formed on the belt.... see if the pattern is good
    cut from manual

[CE40] Image quality control test pattern abnormality
    (1) Use "Image quality control abnormal detection counter Y to K display/0 clearing (08-573 to 576)"
    to check the abnormal occurring condition for each color.
    (2) Check “Output value display of image quality sensor / Low-density pattern (05-391-0 to 3)” to
    check if the low-density pattern abnormality occurs for each color. The values under 320 for Y, M
    and C, and under 220 for K are defined as low-density pattern abnormality.
    (3) Check “Output value display of image quality sensor / High-density pattern (05-390-0 to 3)” to
    check if the high-density pattern abnormality occurs for each color and identify the color which
    pattern is abnormal. If the value is 630 or above, it is defined as high-density pattern abnormality.
    (4) Set the values of “Image quality closed-loop control / Contrast voltage (08-556)” and “Image
    quality closed-loop control / Laser power (08-557)” to “0” (Invalid).
    (5) Perform “Enforced performing of image quality open-loop control (05-394)”.
    (6) Output the image quality control test pattern (04-270) more than one time and check the patch of
    the color identified in step (3) to see if the image is abnormal (Note).
    (7) Replace the image quality sensor.
    (8) Set the values of “Image quality closed-loop control / Contrast voltage (08-556)” and “Image
    quality closed-loop control / Laser power (08-557)” to “1” (Valid).
    (9) Perform “Enforced performing of image quality open-loop control (05-394)” and make sure it is
    completed normally. (Error [CE40] does not appear.) Then perform “Automatic gamma adjustment“
    ( Chapter 3.5.1 and 3.6.1).
    (10) Clear all "Image quality control abnormal detection counter Y to K display/0 clearing (08-573 to
    576)".
    Note:
    Abnormal image:
    Blank print, Solid print, White banding, Color banding, White spots, Poor transfer, Uneven image
    density, Faded image (low density), Uneven light distribution, Blotched image.
    ||||||||||
    ��

320 or above (Y, M and C)
    220 or above (K)
    ||
    ��

Under 320 (Y, M and C)
    Under 220 (K)
    Low-density pattern abnormality
    Check the transfer belt. If the cleaning is poor, correct the
    transfer belt around its cleaning blade.
    |
    ��

To (9)
    ||||||
    ��

Normal |
    ��
    Abnormal
    Correct the items related to the image.
    I fix copiers ...Well Sorta

Zanfer
    Quote Originally Posted by fireater View Post

(3) Check “Output value display of image quality sensor / High-density pattern (05-390-0 to 3)” to
    check if the high-density pattern abnormality occurs for each color and identify the color which

pattern is abnormal. If the value is 630 or above, it is defined as high-density pattern abnormality.

I'm having the same problem CE40 Error. I'm using Toshiba e-Studio 2500c. I did all the steps which you have mentioned. It seems my Yellow toner has the high density pattern abnormality. ( Returned the value 652 for 05-390 ) What can I do to rectify this issue? Any advice will be a great help . Thank you in advance

PS : By the way in the self test pattern yellow is not getting printed.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanfer View Post
    I'm having the same problem CE40 Error. I'm using Toshiba e-Studio 2500c. I did all the steps which you have mentioned. It seems my Yellow toner has the high density pattern abnormality. ( Returned the value 652 for 05-390 ) What can I do to rectify this issue? Any advice will be a great help . Thank you in advance

PS : By the way in the self test pattern yellow is not getting printed.
    If you are getting no yellow the Developer might have been pulled out of the unit. Take the Y unit apart and check the developer level, mag roller rotation etc. Fix that problem and then take apart and clean all the units, especially the charges.