Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts toshibadale's Avatar
    When you do a pm on these big Toshiba's, a lot of techs forget the 08-290....This is a very important code to run on the pm. Also clean the slit glass before running the codes. Also SOME techs don't clean the used toner hopper at pm. You must do this. AND don't just dump the old developer, vacumn the unit out after removing the sensor, or you will have developer problems quicker that you should!

Technician
    Please reply and tell us if you resolve the problem, I've had similar problems with eS520/600/850, the PM is ranked for 400K it shouldn't have problems after 80K in most of my cases it gets overtoned after I clean the machine

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    E-studio 650 density problem

Thumbs down Nah...

I don't know about you guys, but the era of "blowing toner sensors" with your vacuum cleaner went out in the 80's, when vacuums that were not static-dissipative were still around. I have been DIRECTLY vacuuming developer units for as long as I can remember without removing the toner sensors, and have not blown one since a Mita 1205 in (like) 1982.

As far as I know, all modern vacuums are static-dissipative and this prevents static buildup in the hose, which is what caused the problem decades ago.

Although this may be a "preventative" measure, it's one that I feel has not a lot of merit.
    OC

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tinnyjay's Avatar
    I had the same problem before 20 days.This kind of problem normally is directly conneted with developer.
    Maybe before you had an CD1 error code?(Toner motor),because the tube of toner motor sometimes dont transfer toner because of non-OEM toner or high humidity.
    Open it and clean with a compressor and wait for toner.(Adding Toner,Please wait.)
    This kind of E-studio can eleminate background when you copy in TEXT mode,so try a paper with text and see what happen.
    But as you say and what i saw in your attachment,is problem of developer.
    Tell us what happened.

Technician
    These Toshiba's are pretty weird, I wasted a lot of time troubleshooting what it looked to be an overtoned DV unit going up and down on calibration (05-200, default is 128) and nothing, turns out the problem was the drum, eventhought it looked good, somehow it was sending the worng signal causing the dark copies with background, luckely I had another machine at the shop and that is how I found the problem was the drum and not the DV....
    godd luck, please let me know if it worked....