Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mathias

e-studio 4511: Scan to file not working

Hi

Our company just bought an old e-studio 4511. And now I am trying to get it to work.

But I have problems accessing the harddisk. I can see the file_share folder on my own machine, but when I try to connect I get 'no access'. And when I try to scan to folder on the machine it says something like 'error in saving file'.

I get no error messages when I start the copier.

What could be wrong and how do I test, whether it is a broken harddisk or wrong settings? Can it be the harddisk partitioning?

All ideas and solutions are welcome and will be tested.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    You can run 08-690 with option of 2 and it will reformat the drive. The machine will still work but you'll lose any scanned date, e-file, templates, address book. This might reset what you are having. Also 08-693 will set all NIC settings to factory default. You'll be back on DHCP and have to reset your IP after 08-693

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Hi

Our company just bought an old e-studio 4511. And now I am trying to get it to work.

But I have problems accessing the harddisk. I can see the file_share folder on my own machine, but when I try to connect I get 'no access'. And when I try to scan to folder on the machine it says something like 'error in saving file'.

I get no error messages when I start the copier.

What could be wrong and how do I test, whether it is a broken harddisk or wrong settings? Can it be the harddisk partitioning?

All ideas and solutions are welcome and will be tested.
    Try another Scan and when it fails, do the following.

1. Job Status
    2. Log
    3. Scan
    4. Write down the error code indicated against the bad scan
    5. Look the error code up in the user manual

This will tell you what is happening and why it failed. Chances are that you will need to do a format of the HDD, but make sure there isn't something first.

Also check to make sure that the SMB File Share is enabled from the following location.

1. User Funtions
    2. Admin
    3. Network
    4. SMB
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Mathias
    Hi. Thanks for your replies.

I have now made sure that SMB File Share is enabled. With Primary WINS set to 192.168.15.110 and secondary 192.168.15.120. (Gateway is 192.168.15.1).

And I have looked in the log after the scan fails - it reports error 2D30. What does that mean?

I have also tried to upload print drivers via the web interface, but it doesn't work.

I have formated the harddisk but it still doesn't work.

As the error is written in the user manual.

2D30 - Failed to create directory

Make sure that the access privilege to the storage directory is writable and also the or the USB device in the directory have enough space. Then retry the job. If more more than one job is performed simultaniously, an error may occur because the disk temporarily runs out of space. In this case, wait for a while and retry the job. If an error still occurs, turn the power OFF and then back ON and retry the job.

If you have tried formatting the HDD, then there is a chance that the HDD is corrupt which could also explain the error. Try another HDD (you will have to go through your assist mode and partition the drive) and install the latest firmware on the machine.

Mathias
    Thanks.

I don't have a users manual with the error codes, so thank you for answering.

How do I go to the assist mode? Because I haven't partioned the harddisk after formatting. According to the web interface I have 15 Gb of free space on the harddisk so I don't think that is the problem - but perhaps it is corrupt?

Partitioning the HDD, Installing Firmware and using Assisit mode are all explained in the service manual.

When ever you replace an HDD, you need to use Assist Mode (which is another service mode on the machine) to Partition your HDD. Once the Partitioning is done, you can then install the firmware.

Sounds like the HDD could be corrupt though.

What about e-Filing? Is that not working as well? e-Filing and scanning have separate partitions on the HDD, so it could be worth the test.

Mathias
    Just tried the e-filling. And it doesn't work. So it must be a corrupt harddisk .

And when we bought the copier, no kind of manuals was with it - so I am sorry, if I keep asking questionen where the answer is in the manual.

Don you know if the service manual is available for download from Toshiba - or do I need to contact them directly to get a copy?

The user manuals are downloadable from Toshiba, but the service manuals are only available to Toshiba trained technicians.

There are people in this forum that will email you a copy or have manuals for purchase.

The thing is that you will need the firmware as well. I would suggest getting a tech in to have a look at the machine, but that is just a suggestion.

Mathias
    I think you are right. But I already contacted two companies that offer support i Denmark. And both responded that they were not sure if it was worth the money to get them to support such an old copier.

So I just wanted to see if I could do it myself - or find out if the harddrive is corrupt - because then we will simply return it to the company that sold it to us. They said it was working fine - but apparently not.

Thank you so much for your quick and good answers (from around the world)!