Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    alanroper

Thumbs up

Envelopes are something my customers are always asking for and unfortunately the Japanese are very conservative as to what types of media they will support through their machines.
    To cut a long story short, we have been setting up our customers for some years with envelope printing from both bypass tray and cassettes.
    This can be done in two ways.
    Method one. (late model machines only)
    Measure the width and length of the envelope and create a "Custom paper" size in the others tab of the driver. Take note of the orientation as the width is measured left to right, ie feed direction. Also note, the envelope must be fed short edge so that it will pass through the feed rollers successfully which rules out the use of the Office "lable and envelope wizard."
    You will need to create a matching page size in Word and when you print you select this page size from both the "original paper size" and "print paper size" drop downs in the properties tab.
    For older machines that do not support "Custom paper size" you will need to select a page size that most closely matches the envelope width and chose that page size in Word and set the margins so the printing is virtually in the centre of the document. For a size 10 envelope I have used B4 size as the copier will accept this width in the feed direction as being "close enough" so will not trigger a jam. The newer series are certainly easier to set up and give less creasing throught the fuser, so if you really want to print envelopes, go for a new Masherbrum series. They are just sensational.

If your tech is persistent he or she will find the answer for you.
    Good luck

Toshiba 210c, 310c, 810 bcxprint's Avatar
    If you have trouble like we did in setting the margins and exact size of the envelope from your computer, you can simply do "custom size" on the machine, run it throught he bypass and place the original on the glass instead of running out of the computer. If it's just a return envelope, it shouldn't be much graphic heavy anyway.
    BTW just as a side bar to this, I have been able to run "9 x 12" envelopes through the bypass on an 810 machine all day long! Had a customer go buy another used machine just to run these envelopes because their offset press didn't come close to running them as well as the 810. I was both impressed and shocked by the 810 when it was able to run them like it did. ALso we had to remove any finisher from the machine to keep the envelopes from snagging inside it.