Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: GL 1020

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

GL 1020

How to make GL 1020 print PDF files faster.. It can take an hour to print 100 pages, when it takes 10 minutes when printing with my Minolta PP 1350.. WTF ???

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    What are Adobe reader's, machine firmware's, controler's and driver's versions?

Which driver (PCL/PS) are You using?

BR

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    It would help to delete the logs once in a while. Each print/scan job requires the logs to be rebuilt and when they get into the thousands, the process can take a long time. Other things to try.. swap the HDD if its an older Maxtor 40gb with a Western Digital (or similar 80gb). This will require partition and recovery CDs so if you can't obtain them this option is out. I believe one of the GL10X0 updates allows for auto deletion of the logs. Go into top access as admin to clean things up. Emujo

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Adobe reader ver 8, driver version 1.0.1.2, machines T340U011, controller version 2.2.6.7.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    i think you can build more sdram for GL

Quote Originally Posted by makaule View Post
    Adobe reader ver 8, driver version 1.0.1.2, machines T340U011, controller version 2.2.6.7.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Realy - there's one free slot on board.. One problem is to find such type of RAM nowadays but it's possible.. Thanks.. We'll see if it helps..

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    The controller is now at ver 2.3, drivers are at 2.3. With your version you should be using drivers at ver 2.2.3.1. As a test, connect to the GL via SMB (Start..Run..Type \\IP Address and OK). Double click the PCL driver and have the customer use this driver (should look like "pcl on 192.168.x.x"). At least you can eliminate a driver conflict as your problem. Controller ver 2.3 supports Vista 32 bit drivers. If you need these please send me a private message. Emujo

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    no away, because i live in Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by makaule View Post
    Realy - there's one free slot on board.. One problem is to find such type of RAM nowadays but it's possible.. Thanks.. We'll see if it helps..