Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts CopyDawg's Avatar

Smile New to the 3510c and 352 Should I buy?

I'm thinking of buying a few 3510c's and 352's anyone have anything I should know before I spend my money? Thanks in advance.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    I would but I have access to Toshiba Tech to go. I have several (3510c series) and they mostly run pm to pm. The pm kits are a little pricey but I think they are good machines. The 352 are good if they run 35k or more a month. And they also run pm to pm. Except in locations where there are 10+ people touching it and slamming it around....
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Great thanks.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts audioimaging's Avatar
    I like the 352 as long as it doesn't have the 1101 finisher.

The 3510 is only good if all the mods have been done. Dev mag rollers are problematic and the charge units like to break when servicing. Also avoid the 1101 finisher here. I hate that finisher.

3530 with new style mag rollers is much better.

Talking

I sell and service the Toshiba 3511 now so is the 3510c more problematic than that?? Can't be! lol.

3510 is 100X better than the 3511's. I will take any dev or drum unit problem over the horrible revolver and drive belt problems of the 3511. I have had the fusers on the 3510 go 500K. The customers have a problem changing the waste toner on the 3510's. Make sure you train them to NOT tip the bottle at all when removing.

Thanks Travis. Ya I figure nothing could be worse to service than a 3511. I'm actually servicing my 3511 as we speak. Transfer belt tore into a billion peices and now i get the pleasure of cleaning it up >.<

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts audioimaging's Avatar
    Pencil and paper is better than a 3511.

Just make sure everythings been done to the 3510 so you don't get developer depletion problems (it's biggest fault). Developer is pricey.

Hmm I'm buying them off lease so I wont know if they have been modified. What is the procedure? Is it something an intermediately skilled tech can do?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    There are a few mods. The biggest one I guess included putting on different developer covers. The new ones have a black filter on them to allow more airflow. Also with this mod it was very important to pull the laser unit out and rip off a piece of foam from above it. Removing the laser is pretty simple really. Also I think firmware was supposed to help. But I have some that have everything done to them and guess what... they still pull the DV out from time to time and dust inside the machine (not as bad as originally, but no where near as clean as the newer 4520c series.)
    IMO the 3510c is a pretty good machine but whatever they did with the 4520c series they did very right. The 3510c requires a lot more upkeep and needs to be kept pretty clean as it doesn't keep itself very clean. I feel like to do it right you need to pull and clean every process unit especially the charges pretty often. Also the 2nd Transfer Facing Roller inside the TBU needs to be kept clean as it gets build up on it over time.