Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Private print and Vista Basic/Home

Hello !

Do you know solution to this ?
    In this two types of Windows (Home/Basic) displayed user on the machine (private print) is a default installation user.
    I you add new user to this Windows there is no change.
    If you have Vista Business/Ultimate you can easly change user name and it works.

Best regards
    "A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it"

"
    What do you despise? By this you are truly known"

Guess who

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    I have never seen this as a default ever. But maybe I missed something.

Try going to your Printers / Faxes / Devices whatever it's called in Vista. Right click the printer and then Click Properties, then in that window Click Prefrences. Set the value back to Normal. Close and reopen your program and try to print again. Sometimes programs like MS Publisher will save printing prefrences so that is another thought.

If that doesn't do it...
    Maybe try downloading the latest driver from the customer site. copiers.toshiba.com Also if you are trying PCL try PS or vice versa.

You don't understand.
    If you have 3 computers with Vista Basic and all of them at the moment of instalation of Windows got USER NAME like "Admin" then every time you printing in Private Print mode a USER NAME which is displayed on the copier to use Private Print is "Admin". If you printing from all 3 computers them you have 3 identical "Admin" users. Which is which ???
    Of course you can add new user or change user name in control panel but this doesn't change a thing.
    In Windows Business you can manage users in more advanced way and change USER NAME from "Admin" to "Martin" works on copier.
    3 computers 3 different USER NAMES.
    "A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it"

"

Guess who

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Have the customer log out and when they login notice what name shows up on the login screen. This is what is sent to the printer when you send a print job. You will need to go into the user accounts and either change the name (if it lets you) or add another and move the saved documents over to the new name.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Talking

if i understand you right that the computers got the same name 'admin' when the windows was set up? if so try looking at this : start-admin-contacts(file folder)-admin---change admin to a different name, anything the customer's network will let you use.this will allow you to see differant names while privite prints job. hope this is the info you were looking for.

No bigredone. Like i said it not work. At this time the easist way to do so is creating a NEW USER.
    But you have to copy all files and settings from default user folder to this new user folder.
    When you have to do so on 30 computers it's hard to call it "the easy way"
    Thats why i'm looking for really easy way. In business/Ultimate version you can change user name in 5 seconds and it works so it HAVE TO BE SOME WAY TO DO SO in Home/Basic.

"

Guess who

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Home and business are 2 different animals...
    Home is designed for a house with maybe one or two logins so changing names and updating them was not considered.
    Business was design to change users as needed since employees may come and go but the files need to stay.
    The other thing to "suggest" is to update the home computers business. Roughly $80.00 each so not a cheap option.

The other thing to try is using the print to e-filing on the toshiba and hard code it in the driver. then they go to the machine and hit the e-filing button, enter their box, enter the password and then select the jobs and hit print. I have a location doing this and it works for them.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!