Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AccService 100+ Posts
    Yes. I think we might be on to something here. I have 1,2,3 & 4 all OFF. They are pushed down. I was only going By what the service manual was saying and I am now afraid I was wrong. Do you know the correct settings that I should be on for this case. I have a 3500C with MJ1101 Finiher. Thanks
    IMG0003500C1.jpgIMG0003500C2.jpg

Service Technician

Re: adding mj1101 finisher to 3500c.. HELP!!

Sorry to dig this old post up, but did a search for a C570 error and came across this. I am having the exact same issue except for a few different things. I'm using a 3540c with the MJ-1101. I am getting the 570 errors when everything is hooked up. F/W of the machine is latest. I decided to call toshiba tech support (I am a regional Tosh tech myself), the big guns to send me out a jig to update the finisher and converter board as i thought the finisher firmware might have been too old for the current machines.

Today i received the jig and tried to update the firmware. Nothing happens. The LED just won't blink (to those who don't know it blinks when its done). Ok i was thinking, somethings up. Lets bring out a 3500c we had in the warehouse, and see if it works on that. Nope, same error. At this point i'm scratching my head. I pull out a 455 we had and same error. Yes, i have switched the 0 8 codes over in case anyone is wondering, all is fine Ok, so i'm thinking maybe the converter board is rooted so I grabbed another one, plugged it all in, and nothing. Same dammed error. Ok, so situation, 3 different machines with 0 8 codes all set correct, 2 converter boards, 1 f/w update jig and now to make you sit back and say wtf, 2 mj-1101's. Thats right, i tried 2 mj-1101's on all the setups and same C570 error.

At this point i went for a smoke and a coffee, but it made me think. The dips on the finisher's are both the same, both have all switches in the down position. Now i have combed the handbook/manual for dip settings but come up with adjustments and such. This is what led me to this thread and to reply, What are the correct settings for the dip switches? All down is normal operation right?

At that time it was 5:30pm and I was going home, so i had no chance to test the dip settings, but would love any input anyone has regarding this.

Thanks heaps

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar

Re: adding mj1101 finisher to 3500c.. HELP!!

grab the mj1101 service book. there is a note on how to flash the convertor. One of the dip switches need to be changed for the flash to take to convertor. For the finisher pwb you just plug in and turn on. Also make sure you have teh correct convertor pwb I believe there are 2 or 3 depending on finisher and machine. If you have access to fyi.toshiba.com/ttg then search for the c570 error on the e3510c model as it has a bulletin on how to do it as well.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!