Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AccService 100+ Posts

Question adding mj1101 finisher to 3500c.. HELP!!

i tried connecting my mj1101 finisher to my toshiba 3500c but the copier does not recognize it!! i have the bridge unit set up, i set the adjustment position in [0] [8] mode for the finisher. i have the ground wire in the bootom connected, the cable from the back next to where the adf connects. is there anything else? i forgot to mention that the machine did not have that function available already, i added it. so is there some sort of programing that needs to be done additionally? thanks in advance.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    I think you stated it but you set 08-1912 to a 1? And you installed the finisher interface board? Small board maybe 1-2 inches square that plugs into the logic board and then has a wiring connector which plugs into it.

AccService 100+ Posts

adding mj1101 finisher to 3500c.. HELP!!

I indeed forgot all about that small board. I now have it all plugged in programed but now getting a C570 error. I know thats an optional communication error but I cannot imagine anything loose or cennected improperly. Any ideas. Thanks

Technician
    I am pretty sure you forgot to put a 1 in address 08-1912. Jim

AccService 100+ Posts

new error c570

i installed everything needed for the finisher to function. now i get a error code as soon as the copier starts up. it error code c570 i understand that its a optional communication error but i just don't know how to fix it, any help?? thanks.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Like Jim said. Sounds like 08 code 1912 needs to be set to a 1

AccService 100+ Posts

MJ1101 Finisher problems

Yup. You guys are all-right... I have everything installed and intermittently works fine on one 3500C but on the others it just gives me a bunch of random problems. I suspect its firmware.

The only thing is that at times it might staple on some of the other copiers as well. I am going to give up on these Toshibas pretty soon. I had no clue how much of a pain they are. Im afraid that Im going to continue problems forever.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    we had one recently that had to have a toshiba regional tech visit fom atlanta...finisher dip switches in finisher pcb were set wrong

AccService 100+ Posts

MJ1101 Finisher problems

What do you mean by Finisher DIP?

We also just had a very good toshiba Tech out from Irvina CA. Come out for a diffrent problem but forgot to mention this issue to him.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    on the finisher pcb, ther is a row of small dip switches that you turn on or off according to model. they are very small but are there. we had a c57 and c58 code. after comparing the switch setting to another machine, we discovered the first switch was in the wrong position. once we changed it it started working