Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician
    Hi all

i have 2 problems with my toshiba 4511 and i need someone help

FIRST: when i open my toshiba i find language (svenska ) and i can't change it from the language menu as there is no other language .. and when i went to the settings 08-220 i can't change No. 5 language to any other language (when i change to No. 1 and restart the machince i find is changed automatically to No. 5 again)

SECOND: when i give a print order from the computer using any connection (USB , Parallel or Network) the data led keeps blinking but no printing is there and even when i go to job status i find no orders there,, and the copier can't do any thing till i restart it..

Noting that all process of coping is working super fine ..

Can any body help me Please ( i think it's a matter of firmware but i can't get it even throught toshiba agency)

Fady Gendy
    Gfady1@hotmail.com

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    I would flash the firmware. then go from there. It could be a hard drive going bad, bad print driver, or incompatible language between computer and printer.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Check 08 201 I believe. That's your destination setting and must be set to the right destination to change languages. I think I am right on this, I was playing with it the other day and discovered I could not make the machine go into japanese but i could make it go into a european language only after changing the destination. But before I changed the destination the symptom was as you described; it went right back to the language already selected. If Spock's recomendations dont' work try 08-693 (you'll have to reload your IP) to initialize the NIC, this has solved the other problem with printing you mention for me. If you key in 693 and "network initializing" flashes, keep trying until it pops up two buttons and touch initialize.

Technician
    first thanks so much for your concern and ur reply ..Unfortunately i don't know how to flash the firmware as i don't know how to get it ,

i tried all driver and i think i got the right one .. for the incompatible language i totaly agree with you but i don't know how to fix this problem as i tried to change the language from the setting (08-220 and 08-221 to be 0 not 5 ) but after i reboot and go to 08-220 i find it returned back to 5 not 0

dear Toshiba tech.. i tried all what u said and i reloaded the IP but nothing happened .. i also changed the distination to EUR:0 and noting happened .. thanks in advance.. and waiting for your support

hope u could help me

Well it's really hard to tell what is going on here. At least for me. Could be a bad NVRAM chip on the board, or a combination of things even the SYS board or NIC, taking into consideration the printing issue. I work on these everyday and to me a 3511/4511 is -NOT- worth putting a whole lot of effort or money into. If you are servicing this machine you may have no choice, if it is your machine that you use you might call a qualified technician to come in and look at it. He should be able to reset all 08 and 05 codes and recalibrate the IQC on the machine or reflash the machine as spock said... or both. Next step would be replacement of parts, which is up to you... but if you have had the machine for a while do yourself a big favor and get a new 4520c series. Those are such a good machine.

Technician

printing problem within 4511

first thanks all fo the reply to my problems
    now i managed to resolve most of the problems i have with my 4511 .. now i have 2 small problems i hope all exprets can share and help me with those problems..

1st. : when i'm printing from a USB or from the network i can only print black and white.. and i can't print colored .. i tried every driver and nothing can work

2nd : i can't access to network setting through admin menu.. as when i try to write the password (123456) and press enter nothing happen 9i can't see any astrix when i write the password)

thanks all in advance and waiting for your help....

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    1.) Someone could have turned on the department codes and locked out color printing. Which driver are you using and which firmware is on the machine (08-900)? The pcl6 driver on this model only did b/w but the pcl5c and psl3 did both. Also goto properties and make sure you have checked color (or auto) and see if that works.

2.) Press the box labeled password and then when the keyboard comes up type in the password. One of the updates added an extra step to the password so it can be changed to a word instead of just a number.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Technician
    Thanks Mr. Spock for your fast reply

i tried to check about the department codes but i don't know where to access this option to unlock the color printing
    i used the three drivers for PCL3 and PCL 5C and the PCL 6 and i checked the auto from the proporties and still it didn't work , i also used the universal driver downloaded from this link Downloads | Drivers | Toshiba Copiers

the firmware version in the machine is "T350SY0E220"

second about the password i kept pressing on the box labled passowrd for many times and nothing happened..

i checked all the service manual and hand book but found nothing concerning my problems

again thanx for your precious advice and waiting for your new advices

Fady Gendy
    gfady1@hotmail.com

Perhaps the trouble with the password is because the panel is out of calibration. Try 08-692, hit the crosses with a stylus or similar.
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.