Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AccService 100+ Posts

mj1101 dosent automatically staple..

i have an mj1101 finisher conected to a e studio 3500c and for some reason i cant staple automatically from the copier. it does allow me to manualy staple though, any thoughts?? thanks in advance.
    p.s. could my sw1 switch be wrong??? i have all 4 switches on the off position.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Is this from the print driver or from the copier screen?
    From the computer then check the config tab in the printer properties
    from the copier screen then check the 08 setting for the correct setting (1912 I believe).
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Sorry this might sound dumb but you say "automatically staple," are you selecting a stapling option from the Finishing button/screen and it is not stapling? Are the pages being stacked into the staple position and then ejected not stapled?

AccService 100+ Posts
    i am trying to staple from the copier,

i can manually staple, by putting paper into the exit tray and pressing the staple button on the finisher. but i can not staple from the screen of the toshiba 3500c. when i make a copy of something that i want stapled i press what erver amount of copies i want then i press the sort button on the screen, then i choose the front staple sort button. then i hit start. once the copies are coming out of the finisher insted of the copies coming out stapled they come out one by one as if they were being sorted.

i have also already done the input in 08 mode when i first installed the finisher pcb board, should i do it again??

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Is this the problem you went out for or something that was induced after a repair to the MFP or finisher?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    When you do a sort, does the paper still stack correctly and get delivered from the copier as a stack?

AccService 100+ Posts
    i have solved the problem of the automatic stapleing!!!! i would like to thank all of the people that have replyed to this thread to keep it alive, all of the hints have been verry helpfull... on another note i have another mj1101 finisher that the elevator tray (the one that goes up and down) goes up and when it collects the paper it jamms when its coming down. if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    What is paper jam code?

BR

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    How about posting the fix to your original problem..2 way street here!!

AccService 100+ Posts
    o yeah, it was actually my mistake, i did the 08-1912 (set to 1) and it solved my problem, i thought i had already done that before but it was my mistake, thanks anyways to all of the people that gave me advice. as for the error code that the finisher is giving me i dont remember it i will try and get it today and post it up.