Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    DaveCarpenter

Question Toshiba e-studio 451c with MJ-1023 Finisher Issue

Have a CB30 error code, relating to the finisher.....have been told to either replace the tray lift motor or repair a broken wire. The tray still moves during test when turned on...can anyone collaborate this claim or is there another issue involved?

And does anyone have the correct wiring diagram for the motor to the controller board?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Toshiba e-studio 451c with MJ-1023 Finisher Issue

Are BOTH trays moving? If only one, then you may have a bad motor. I have a troubleshooting guide somewhere, but it's for the MJ-1027/1028 finishers.
    OC

DaveCarpenter
    yes, both move at system startup and then after a 2 second pause, CB30 appears on display with error beeps.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Check how swing assembly works - mechanically; clean sensors - opto-couples; motors in test mode.

BR

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    If this is the post on the other site about solder the motor leads then you do not need a wiring diagram the cracked lead is on the control pwb attached to the motor. The solder joint cracks and just need to be re done. Just pull the motor look at the under side and lightly try to move the wires at the board and you will see which is loose. I have done this on occasion and never had a problem. It is usually when the motor is trying to reverse directions to move from the home position and does not move or does not move fast enough. Also this is primarily on the lower tray that I have seen this.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

DaveCarpenter
    Well, first of all, there is no PCB on the shift motors! And when i unplug the trays from the control PCB, still get the CB30 Code. Possibly bad control board? anyone else with any ideas?