Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

User authentication

Hi, does anyone know how to setup user authentication (ldap) for e2500c?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    User authentication

Setup user authentication for what exactly?

You can setup authentication for scanning to email, but not for actual access to the machine like a Konica Minolta can.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Setting up User Management Setting
    When the User Management Setting is enabled, users must enter the user name and password
    before operating this equipment. Therefore, you can secure the equipment from the unexpected
    users.
    When the User Management Setting is enabled, the following functions will be available.
    �� The counters for each user can be managed.
    �� The limitations for each user can be set.
    �� Up to 10000 users can be registered.
    �� The user name and password will be required to operate the [COPY], [SCAN], [e-FILING],
    [FAX], [TEMPLATE], [USER FUNCTIONS], and [JOB STATUS] buttons.
    �� The user name and password will be required to operate the e-Filing web utility.
    �� The print jobs can be accepted only from the computer of which the login user name can be
    attested. (When the Windows Domain Authentication or LDAP Authentication is used, the
    computer must also join the domain.)
    �� When the Windows Domain or LDAP Authentication is used, the user information will be registered
    automatically in the equipment when a user enters the user name and password in
    the User Authentication screen and then enter the department code.

Deeply explained in TAG. Can't copy all the things.

BR

Technician
    thanks but what i was looking for was the User Management Setting, User Authentication settings. If anyone out there knows how it works, it'll be great to read about how it works

When the User Authentication for Scan to Email is enabled, users must enter the user name and password before performing Scan to E-mail.
    You can select either the SMTP or LDAP for User Authentication for Scan to Email.

BR

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    User authentication

I had a think about this and I think the one you want is Role Based access. This is used via AD to authenticate users and to inform the machine of what that user is allowed to do ie. Colour, Scanning, Faxing etc.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    I had a think about this and I think the one you want is Role Based access. This is used via AD to authenticate users and to inform the machine of what that user is allowed to do ie. Colour, Scanning, Faxing etc.
    thanks very much Owl, I'd appreciate it if you could elaborate a little further on this Role Base access. interested to know how it works

It would be easier to get TAG (Top Access Guide) and do it step by step as explained.

BR

You can also click on the little link that says "Help" at the bottom of any of the Top Acess screens. Unlike most helps it actually has come in handy for me a time or two. It's easily overlooked.
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.