Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    AccService 100+ Posts

Question toshiba 3500c start up issue...help

i recently swaped out the lgc, sys, hdd, and img boards on my toshiba 3500c. the machine starts up but only stays stuck on the start up screen that shows a picture of the machine, the fan in the back spins but thats it, no other parts move and it dosent leave that initial start up screen. can anyone help?? thanks.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    What was the original problem? When it hangs at the splash screen it is normally a hard drive issue. If it's a new hard drive, repartition it, load the firmware then reformat it. Also check all the connections between the sys and lgc boards are correctly seated, as well as the memory. Did you replace the boards one at a time?

AccService 100+ Posts
    the initial problem was that the copier had a firmware upgrade failure, so i started to swap bords out, one by one. it ended up beeing the lgc board that had the firmware error. so after repalcing the lgc board it would just stay stuck, i will try different combinations of borads and hard drives untill i get a result, but could it be something that isnt pluged in or a loose wire?? the boards are all seated and connected correctly. thanks for your responce.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    If the firmware update had a problem, then you need to use the recovery jig. My suggestion is to repartition the drive, use the recovery jig to recover the engine and sys rom, then do the usb update, reformat HDD. If the recovery jig fails, then you most likely have a bad NVRAM chip. We had a few of the very first ones of those models end up with bad chips. When you initially changed logic boards, did you swap the chips from the old one to the new one?

AccService 100+ Posts
    the problem is solved!!! the issue was the stupid black and red plug that goes from the hard drive to the sys board. i switched it to another plug and it worked.!!! thanks for your help paper_path.