Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: ES 2830 C

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar

ES 2830 C

Hey guys, got a stange one here, new to this machine, its giving a message to load paper in trays 1 and 2.
    Watching the trays they dont lift now, checked the lift unit, looks good inside, no gears broken or stripped out, just wont lift, no codes either.
    Does toshiba have a code to reset for when trays go out of service if paper gets loaded wrong.
    Sharps are easy, reload, and cycle power.
    I know there are a lot of 08 codes and I think I found one in the SM, just want to be sure I am on the right track here.
    Its 08-8524 reset back to 0
    Ya'll let me know if I am in the right area, or did I just knock a foul ball.
    V

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    So you close the trays with the machine at ready and nothing happens?

Does the machine have a LCF? If so seems like I remember on the E45s that there is a microswitch near the jam access door (it's behind a panel that you remove on the LCF and is the MS for the jam door.) I think if that gets out of place that you will have the symptoms you describe. I could be wrong because I've only seen it maybe once and also I'm not entirely positive that the new LCFs are made the same, but they ARE similar. Something to look at anyway. To my knowledge there is no code that you need to reset, at least I never have. Sounds like you have a sensor not working or hung open or closed somewhere.
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

There is over-current protection. In extreme cases, if a piece of paper gets behind the drawer and slammed in over and over again, the motor will "wack out" the logic board. Usually if you clear the obstruction and unplug machine for 5 minutes or so, it will reset. Have had it happen on a 2060 and e351c.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis06 View Post
    There is over-current protection. In extreme cases, if a piece of paper gets behind the drawer and slammed in over and over again, the motor will "wack out" the logic board. Usually if you clear the obstruction and unplug machine for 5 minutes or so, it will reset. Have had it happen on a 2060 and e351c.
    Had it un pluged for a while as I got the lift unit out, and it did not reset, and there is no lct on this unit, just 4 trays and of course its in a lawyers office too.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    When you had the paper lift unit out, did you open up the gear box and check the gears? There is an idle gear in those that are prone to breaking, and one of the gears it meshes with can break too. I've also seen a drive motor on those lift units go bad, but that was in an older machine. There are two actuators that the tray makes contact with when it's pushed in. One is a black and white button. Those can get damaged if someone slams the tray in. There is a wedge shaped piece on the back right of the tray that also hits another actuator. Check the back of the machine, behind the tray lift gear box and check those actuators and sensors, something might be damaged.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    switch the lift units, if tray 3/4 no longer lift, bad motor, if tray3/4 lift, bad LGC bd or possible fuse. Look at the fuse table..see what other loads are protected by the fuse that protects the lift motor. If other loads work then you can eliminate fuse/power supply. Emujo

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    I remember now one that I had where the peg that the famous little idle gear sits on sheared off. I've had them shear before but this one did it just right so that it locked the whole pack up solid somehow. It looks like a bad motor or electrical problem but it was actually just bound up so tight that you never saw or hear the motor try to turn. Maybe check that if you haven't figured it out yet?
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by ToshibaTech View Post
    I remember now one that I had where the peg that the famous little idle gear sits on sheared off. I've had them shear before but this one did it just right so that it locked the whole pack up solid somehow. It looks like a bad motor or electrical problem but it was actually just bound up so tight that you never saw or hear the motor try to turn. Maybe check that if you haven't figured it out yet?
    I think the motor just went bad, I replaced the whole lift unit, we had found the tray codes, when going into 08-253, or 254, it showd the c-130 codes stored there, but a code never showed up while in normal opperation, just so ya'll know, Toshiba changed the motor and mount plate, its now a black in color, and a minor shape change.

Chief Twiddler 100+ Posts mckinley's Avatar
    Just so you are aware, the wires break in the black heat shrink sleeving on the lift motor. this is a common cause of no tray lift on these lift boxes (the same box is used on most tosh copiers from the last 9 years or so)
    you can usually diagnose the fault by removing the motor from the box & switching the machine on with the motor plugged in, in your hand. then move the wires & you will often see the motor start & stop.
    Happiness Is The Road.