Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    MikeElliss

Toshiba e-studio 3511 Fax problem

Hi All,

I have recently bought a second hand e-studio 3511. I have just started up a business and needed a copier to put me on for a year or so without breaking the bank. I checked the copier before I bought it and it was working fine. The problem I have is that when I received the copier, the walk up fax option will not work (this was the only option that I couldn't check before purchase and now says that its not installed on the TopAccess menu, although the interface for the fax cable is installed on the side of the machine) and the cable from the copier to the duplex unit has a couple of wires split, so this doesn't work either (this has been damaged in transport). I was wondering if the two items could be connected or if not is there a way to find out for definite if the walk up fax option is actually installed on the machine.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction, Thanks.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Press the FAX hard Button, if installed, the button should light. The fax board is installed at the rear above the system bd. There are cutouts that allow the fax cable to be plugged in. If you can physicaly see the fax board, you may want to pull the rear cover off and verify the ribbon cable is installed. EMujo

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Best thing to do is call a tech on the duplexer. Unless you are good with a soldering iron in which case you could probably repair the wiring. Especially if it's only one or two and you can match them back up to where they go. If not your local dealer can probably get you a wiring harness off some of their junk machines. Like emujo said I'd check the ribbon cable on the fax.
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

MikeElliss
    Thanks for the help, it turns out that the cable from the fax board to the main board was totally unplugged?? With regards to the duplex, I think I'm best getting someone to replace the wire for me.