Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    dragonslayer

Unhappy Toshiba e-studio 520 - Fusing problem

I've bought a second-hand e-studio 520 from a friend of mine and it has a fusing problem .

The machine works perfectly fine. However, if you turn it on and leave it there for about 10-15 minutes, the copied papers will be fused very badly . Just after about 10-15 copies, the copier knows that the fuser roller temperature is not hot enough and it starts to heat it up. Then it works well again.
    The copier does not show any error code, the fuser roller temperature code is also at it default ( 12 ). It seems like everything is fine.
    It is not a serious problem to me, but it is quite annoying because whenenver i want to use it, i need to reboot the machine in order for it to be hot enough.

Do you have any ideas about the problem ? Is it the thermistor problem ?
    ( Before my friend sold me the copier, he changed the upper fuser roller and the SYS board of it,may it be also the cause of this ? )

P/s : Sorry, if my english does not make any sense to you, I am not a native speaking .

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Two really simple things to check. There are two pressure release screws that are inside of a spring front and back on the fuser. These need to be tightened all the way down. Also if you can figure out how to get the front of the cover to hinge down (two screws on little plastic piece near jam roller, one on top, one near jam roller then it lays down.) There are two color coded and one ground wire hooked up. Make sure they are hooked up to the right colors, they are coded and labeled.

Other things to check: cleaning web (is it full or does it ratchet when you hold it as it would be in the machine), build up on thermistors.

Just a few ideas..
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Toshiba e-studio 520 - Fusing problem

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from The Internet's largest collection of manuals

Paul@justmanuals.com

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    The default temp may have been lowered in service mode. If you can rub the toner off the paper then you may have a LFR that has been dislodged from the rear bearing. No codes should indicate that it was put back together correctly electrically. Emujo

dragonslayer
    @ toshibaTech : I am sure it has nothing to do with the spring screws (because the copier can make well-fused copies ) .

@emujo : it depends. The more time you leave the copier , the easier you can rub the toner off the paper.

Anyways, thank you two. I will have a check on these parts.