Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    RobG

Top Access wont connect for my eStudio 351c

I was trying to set up an STMP server/client in my Toshiba 351c yesterday via Top Access. When I completed the setup, it gave me a warning that the copier would be disconnected from the network. Since that time I have been unable access Top Access by entering the IP address in my browser.

I can ping the IP address and get a response and I have verified that the IP address is correct on the printer (using a static IP). I can see and access the SMB server in the windows network neighborhood.

Any ideas how I can access Top Access again for settings?

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Via the LCD, get into Admin mode, (I'm not sure exactly where, network settings I'm guessing) and look for an HTTP setting. Verify you did not accidently turn it off. Emujo

RobG
    Thanks for the tip. It is enabled. I assume the HTTP settings are good since I can still ping the device and get a response.

s a

That would be an incorrect assumption, disbaling HTTP would prevent access to Top Access, but would still allow print/scan. Did you try a different browser ie firefox?. BTW, the top access data resides on the NIC. You may want to try a f/w update/reload to eliminate a problem w/ corrupt firmware. I have seen this a few times...still able to print etc. Also, do you have a proxy server? Are you using port 80 or 8080 for HTTP. Emujo

Chief Twiddler 100+ Posts mckinley's Avatar
    are you trying to access top access via a laptop? if so when you set up the IP address etc... did you make sure that your laptop is still in the same IP range ( ie: say the MFD is 192.168.1.100 , have you made sure your laptop is in the same range such as 192.168.1.2 ) also is the default gateway & subnet set in the same range?
    Happiness Is The Road.

RobG
    Quote Originally Posted by mckinley View Post
    are you trying to access top access via a laptop? if so when you set up the IP address etc... did you make sure that your laptop is still in the same IP range ( ie: say the MFD is 192.168.1.100 , have you made sure your laptop is in the same range such as 192.168.1.2 ) also is the default gateway & subnet set in the same range?
    Thanks for the tip.

I have tried to access Top Accress via a laptop, and several desktops in our office. They are all in the same IP range.

Rob

RobG
    Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    That would be an incorrect assumption, disbaling HTTP would prevent access to Top Access, but would still allow print/scan. Did you try a different browser ie firefox?. BTW, the top access data resides on the NIC. You may want to try a f/w update/reload to eliminate a problem w/ corrupt firmware. I have seen this a few times...still able to print etc. Also, do you have a proxy server? Are you using port 80 or 8080 for HTTP. Emujo
    I used Firefox to initially access Top Access and configure the system. Since it has become unavailable, we have tried IE, Firefox, and Safari using both Mac's and PC'swith no luck.

I'm not certain how to update the firmware on the copier.

We are using port 80 as the primary and 8080 as the secondary.

You could try to re-init the NIC...Power up with 0 & 8 held down until you see the test mode screen. Type 693 and press start, then execute. You will need to re-input all network info. The next step will be to re-load firmware and if that fails replace the SYS bd. Emujo

Technician
    another way to reinitialize the network is [08]-1119. it wont reset the network info

Technician

Toshiba Estudio 351c network problems

I to have am having a similar problem. If I reset the network router it works again. I suspect the E351c network is interfering somehow with the router.
    I am wondering if updating the nic software on the copier will solve the problem. I haven't updated the software on this before.
    Can anyone help ?