Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    e-Studio 600, C code...

e-Studio 600, C code...

I've been out to replace the Thermistors. Still getting the code. I think there's something going on with the machine when the customer clears a jam and pulls out the Fuser drawer, and the machine goes into C-447.... As far as I know, it shouldn't do this and should break the interlocks when the door is opened so that the fuser connector is no longer live and show "connected".
    Anyone with any other ideas?
    OC

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Hey OC

Check the front door interlock and see if it is wedged in there. I have had them do that and it does this very thing.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Check the floating connector in the rear of the machine, where the fuser connects to. I have seen it crack, causing it to not seat properly. The C codes would be very frequent after jams, when the customer had to pull out the drawer.

e-Studio 600, C code...

Thanks for the replies guys... these are the two things I most suspected to be wrong.

Will check out later today and report back.
    OC

e-Studio 600, C code...

Yep, the actuator (black plastic door switch) was wedged in the DOWN position and not breaking the A/C line when the customer opened the door to clear a jam. Strangely, the rocker arm moved up and down freely, but the switch did not release internally. Ordering and replacing.

My bigger question is, WHY are they having to open the door to clear a jam in the first place, as I see no evidence of jam history... hmmm.
    OC

Why do customers do half the things they do? hah....

I've seen that actuator get stuck before but not the plunger on the switch, exact same symptoms you had. Took me a couple times to figure it out also. Sadly it had been doing it for over 2 years before I started servicing the machine. Traced it back to the previous tech who had "fixed the door switch" the day before the codes started in the error history ...... yuuuuuuuuuuup.
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.