Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts excanonguy's Avatar

E230 jam code e220

I am pretty new to the Toshiba line so advice is appreciated! This machine wont feed from the lower cassette, the paper stops at the 2nd transport sensor, but it is the 1st transport sensor that is picking up the jam...I have replaced the 2nd transport sensor, and confirmed that they both work in 03 mode, I have swapped the paper feed assy's no chahge...I marked the lower vert path roller to see if it is moving and it is...now this will only happen using the lower cassette...using the upper everything seems to work fine! I even tried a second 2nd transport sensor , anyone got any ideas or suggestions for me??

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    I forget which is which but I am assuming you replaced the one underneath the bypass. It's a special sensor that is the "sensor" and the actuator all in one. That's the one I would replace. I'd also cheat the door and you can make the motor run and then click on the clutch in 03 mode (you might have to take the dev/drum out to run the main motor.) Then you can put your finger on the transport roller and see if the clutch is slipping. Oh, btw last time I "checked" charge is applied to the trans/sep when you run the main motor in 03 mode!
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    I had a lot of these where the sensor actuator on the bottom of right door sticks because it is 3mm to long. I trimmed the end off and never had the problem again.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    I had a lot of these where the sensor actuator on the bottom of right door sticks because it is 3mm to long. I trimmed the end off and never had the problem again.
    You were having the same problems ? I assume you mean the actuator that tells the sensor the door is closed?

Quote Originally Posted by ToshibaTech View Post
    I forget which is which but I am assuming you replaced the one underneath the bypass. It's a special sensor that is the "sensor" and the actuator all in one. That's the one I would replace. I'd also cheat the door and you can make the motor run and then click on the clutch in 03 mode (you might have to take the dev/drum out to run the main motor.) Then you can put your finger on the transport roller and see if the clutch is slipping. Oh, btw last time I "checked" charge is applied to the trans/sep when you run the main motor in 03 mode!
    Yep that is the one I changed its the 2nd transport, so is it one setting in 03 mode to make the motor and the clutch run or is it 2 different settings?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    two different settings 101 to turn on the main motor (with the door cheated) then another to turn the clutch on. Or just make a copy with the door cheated but it will jam pretty fast...
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

Just an update to this problem, guys it ended up being the 1st transfer sensor...wierd, but it fixed it ! Part #
    CO-10813000 Thanks for the help.

ihatecopiers

Re: E230 jam code e220

I recently had exactly the same fault. In my case it had an LCF which it fed from without a problem. So it fed fine from tray 1, LCF & manual feed but I couldn't get a single sheet through from tray 2. The problem turned out to be the magnetic catch on the copier's lower jam access door. One of the plates that sit on each side of the magnet wasn't being held properly and was sticking out by no more than 2mm, which meant the door stayed closed but with not enough pressure on the vertical feed rollers. Once the paper reaches the 2nd transport sensor the feed rollers stop driving and the vertical feed rollers are supposed to take over. I simply glued the magnet and plates in place and that was the end of the problem. I hope this help someone.