Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    fortenic

Toshiba e-Studio 230 Print Counter

Hello,

I just purchased a used Toshiba e-Studio 230 copier and would like to reset the "print counter" to 0.

This is not to be confused with the Maintenance Counters that I have already reset in test mode under service codes 251 & 252.

Any thoughts? Feel free to email direct at fortenic@yahoo.com.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    You can not do this.
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

What you are asking is both illegal and counter productive.

It is the same as winding back the odometer in a car.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    What you are asking is both illegal and counter productive.

It is the same as winding back the odometer in a car.
    Yep, exactly. Shame on You fortenic.

fortenic
    Sorry to offend everyone, not trying to do anything "illegal". Just thought it would be easier to track total prints that we have on our machine if we started at zero. We bought it outright, and don't plan to resell, so I don't see the shame in adjusting our own machine.

In fact, our previous machine was via a lease on a Toshiba machine in which the company rolled the print counter back to "0" before they we received it... and the machine was 5+ years old. So I know it is both common practice AND possible.

I think it's about as common practice among reputable dealers as it is common practice for reputable car dealers to reset car odometers.
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

What I said in the first place still stands.

How will your tech know how old or how much work certain components of machines have done?

If you want an easy way of collecting your counts, then start an Excel spreadsheet, put in the current count and then create a formula that calculates how counts have been done.

Either that or use an SNMP utility that will harvest the counts for you.

As for your last dealer that reset a machine back to zero, well I wouldn't be using them as a service provider as it is extremely bad practice and ILLEGAL. We know it can be done and quite a few of us know how to do it, but we don't for very good reasons.

Have a look through some of the other threads on this website whereby people want to reset the counts. The answer is normally always the same until some wannabe hero comes along and tells everyone.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    It's possible that your MFP needed an NVRAM replacement prior to you receiving it, this would reset the counters, but it has also pushed the counters foward to 6, or 7 million. You can set up your MFP to send you a meter count by email every day, once a week, or monthly if you need to monitor, you could also go into the web page and download the info as needed. Any reputable dealer that was forced to reset the meter count should have put this in writing when the MFP was sold. Emujo

Excuse my sarcasm.

Did You really, but REALLY, expect that someone will publish the procedure for You? Does Your old machine with zero counter was digital, too? Or analog? It is just philosophy around here. So checking old posts like TheOwl says is good idea. And Yes it is not good idea to publish such an information. I would not like to see that tomorrow all of my customers has zeroed their machines...

BR

Confused & Bewildered 250+ Posts sdrawkcab's Avatar
    I have to agree with ToshibaTech, The Owl, Ivovb and Emujo.

Idiots like Fortenic who want to reset main counters only do it for one reason, and we all know why.

You people have no place in a forum like this.
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints