Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Ducttape n Glue's Avatar

e studio 4511 only copies prints in yellow...............

...........it will copy and print fine in black, but make a full color copy and not even the black shows up, only yellow................????????

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    check/replace the transfer belt cleaning clutch. It has been taken apart and put back together 180 degrees out.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Never seen that but that's one to remember!
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

Lepricon
    Change your cleaning blade for Transfer belt - it's curved and stays in contact with the belt all the time -when install the new one apply some powder on the belt to prevent new cleaning blade to stick to the belt. (Usually happen few days-weeks after PM).100% accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by ToshibaTech View Post
    Never seen that but that's one to remember!
    I did this the first couple of times I worked on this machine. The clutch was sticking and I took it apart to clean and during reassembly I put the clutch spring in the wrong hole and had this symptom.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Ducttape n Glue's Avatar
    Has a new TB blade and we cleaned and tried the clutch in both direction.............no change whatsoever...........

Are you watching it run with the receiving tray off? It puts yellow down last, so something is cleaning the other colors off the belt.

I just watched the delivery guys push two more of these off the shipping docks today. (no chance of salesman putting them back in the field)

Quote Originally Posted by Ducttape n Glue View Post
    Has a new TB blade and we cleaned and tried the clutch in both direction.............no change whatsoever...........
    It is the spring inside the clutch or the support arms on the cleaning unit could also be out from where needed. Watch it run (inside cover off) the blade should cam away from the belt while the image is being formed and cam to the belt when the print is sent to paper to clean the belt. Either the clutch is bad, the cam arms are in the wrong position or something else in the cleaning blade assembly is out of time causing the issue.
    Last edited by Mr Spock; 07-17-2010 at 03:26 AM.

Lepricon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducttape n Glue View Post
    Even if the cleaning blade is new it could be curved or something happened with the blade holder or the pushing mechanism (clutch / cam) and as a result the blade is in permanent contact with the belt. We use to have at one moment around 80 copiers of this models on the field and stepped into this problem several times. Every time was related to cleaning of the belt. Thanks GOD we have only 7 left - soon to be replaced as well.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tinnyjay's Avatar
    Open the copier,remove toners,developers,drum,corona,black developer assy,transfer belt and just "wash" your machine and all this parts except drum.If you remove all this parts,its better to remove fuser and to clean the fuser belt.
    I am sure if one of this parts is old,or damaged you will not have a yellow print.
    I am experienced with that kind of copiers (e-studio 3511/4511) and 75% of their problems are depended on cleaning.