Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Question What is Toshiba End of life meter E studio Series 550 600 etc.

I don't usually work on these Machines but a couple of techs told me after 1 million clicks Forget about em. Reason asking
    I have opportunity to get 4 at a cheap price with about 1..2 mil on them. Is there something in particular that goes after 1 mil that costs $$$ or is just a marketing ploy for cust. to buy newer machines? Are parts cost comparable to Canon IR or Konica BW machines?
    Thanks
    Billy

toner monkey 100+ Posts jamesyboy's Avatar
    What models you looking at tosh is as good as any and very easy to work on

toner monkey 100+ Posts jamesyboy's Avatar
    sorry just woke up and seen models 550 etc these are good work horses Ive got some that have done 5 million plus devunit gives up if you dont keep an eye on it pm 500k and as long as you do it happy days you can get a lot more out of the fuser exspensive to refurb if they have not been looked after

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Electrictoner View Post
    I don't usually work on these Machines but a couple of techs told me after 1 million clicks Forget about em. Reason asking
    I have opportunity to get 4 at a cheap price with about 1..2 mil on them. Is there something in particular that goes after 1 mil that costs $$$ or is just a marketing ploy for cust. to buy newer machines? Are parts cost comparable to Canon IR or Konica BW machines?
    Thanks
    Billy
    These are two different families. Older one eSt550/650/810 has a problems with dev unit, laser unit, controller's hdd. Newer and better one is eSt520/600/720/850 - has a problems with dev unit (get all of the gears in any case), keep hdd in car, find latest firmware, provide separate power outlet with serge protector. In both series check fuser each 100-200 k copies and set latest mods.

BR

The 550/650/810's turn into a headache if not properly maintained. I have had good luck in schools up to the 4-5 million count mark. The CCD's and PSU's start popping and ALL drive gears/harness's have been replaced.

The 520/600/720/850 series are starting to end the five year lease's and I have a few with close to 10 million. The 720/850 for some reason seam to run better over the long run.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Trivial question. What is the difference between the 850 fuser and the 520/600/720 fuser?

After checking every part number the only difference is the tension springs.

I have 3 720 with over 2 million and run 200-300k between service calls (usually upper fuser roller) and only 2 550's and both have 3 million and very low service calls (usually the gl1010 related or fuser rollers). The key is the service history if they have been maintained by a good tech then they can go much longer then 1-2 million. If they have not then plan on spending a good deal of money on them until they are back to spec.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Technician
    Don't have that log history and since Tosh are not my usual cup of tea as they say I think i will pass these up
    Billy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    Trivial question. What is the difference between the 850 fuser and the 520/600/720 fuser?

After checking every part number the only difference is the tension springs.
    Yep it sounds strange. Moreover - procedure for adjusting the fuser is the same for 520/600/720 and 850.

What is Toshiba End of life meter E studio Series 550 600 etc.

That's funny... I used the put the newer style RED Fuser Springs from the 520/600 into the older style 550 when I rebuilt the Fusers. Since Toshiba has historically been WEAK when it comes to fuser pressure, this seemed to help the lousy 550 series get a FEW more clicks before failure. Those boxes were TERRIBLE about early developer failure and the fusers would "scum" really badly. The improvement they made - which I assume is in the Toner/Developer formulation - had a HUGE impact on the newer boxes. They were even able to completely remove the Fuser Cleaning Rollers as a result. I always wondered why they couldn't have offered a mod to convert the older boxes to the newer, but they must have determined it "not cost-effective".

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tinnyjay's Avatar
    After a lot of consumables services,you will have problems with LGC,PCB,SYS boards,developer unit,fuser unit and power suply.
    I think normally even these parts could have a long life,Toshiba stop them,by a copy-counting stopable program.
    And the maximum cannot goes up to 5.000.000- 6.000.000 copies.(My Canon IR105+ has a maximum of 16.000.000 copies and still now has just only 1.084.000 copies).
    THIS IS ONLY WHAT I THINK!