Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    sjinachandran

e-280 slow process

I have facing the problum of error 440 in e-20 while starting in every morning, after i reset the error in 08 - 400 machine working fine, but the process of copying takes very long time( nearly 45 sec for each copying), and also machine shows worming up while the machine starting even after the heater lame getting off, then after 30 sec. machine getting ready. pl. help me to solve the problum.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Check/change fuser consumables. Check/change fuser thermistors.

BR

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    This MFP has 2 heat lamps...middle and outer. If outer goes bad, middle will sometimes heat to "ready" but as paper runs through, temp will drop and C440 code pops. Ohm both lamps, if OK then you probably need the regulator bd which I believe is part of the LGC bd. If someone has a parts book to verify that please...Emujo

...hmmm on a 280 for one lamp lighting I usually have swapped out the power supply. Lamps come right off two triacs on the PS. No board in between. That'd be the most likely cause I believe. On this model a few things generally cause a pause in printing 1.) Toner near empty but not detected by machine. 2.) Both heat Lamps not lighting 3.) HDD failure. I'd bet on #2 for him!
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToshibaTech View Post
    ...hmmm on a 280 for one lamp lighting I usually have swapped out the power supply. Lamps come right off two triacs on the PS. No board in between. That'd be the most likely cause I believe. On this model a few things generally cause a pause in printing 1.) Toner near empty but not detected by machine. 2.) Both heat Lamps not lighting 3.) HDD failure. I'd bet on #2 for him!
    He right !
    one more :

This model was old so I guess that machine has multiple activities, errors may occur from the PS board.

2 Heater lamps are powered dryer direct from PS board through two TRIAC, due to the too long it can go bad and insufficient power supply so that less heat (the model that is probably TRIAC M 1661)

Good luck!!!!

e-280 slow process

This sounds like HDD reformat or old firmware problem...

toner monkey 100+ Posts jamesyboy's Avatar
    I would first check the thermistors are contacting the roller correctly give them a gentle bend to ensure the are giving good response