Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    musicman7

Toshiba Dp 6510 "Close Front Door" Issue

Hi, I recently picked up a Toshiba DP 6510 for my classroom and it was working great until one day when it had a paper jam. As I cleared the jam and before the screen could clear the error the copier's power was temporarily cut off (a perfect storm). After restoring power and ever since the "Close front door" message has been occurring. I have checked and rechecked the switch without any results.

The machine does attempt to start up correctly, momentarily (getting my hopes up) and then just as quick the door message appears. When the doors are closed you can here the machine running inside and then stops when the doors are open. Its a strange situation and I'm very handy when it comes to fixing things but is there a way to avoid calling out a tech?

Does anybody know of anything else that could be causing this message to remain?

Thank you!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    this door message is also directly linked to the fuser unit..did you have to un jam paper from that area?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tech07 View Post
    this door message is also directly linked to the fuser unit..did you have to un jam paper from that area?
    Yeah check the lamp or it might be the triack
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

You probably have a blown capacitor on your power supply, if your lucky just a blown fuse. Take the back off and the power supply cover, you will smell something fried on the psu. I have changed out 20+ power supplies on those models after power surges. Used to have tons of used ones to pull parts from.

acseong
    In this case, it might be you Power Supply faulty. Before changing power supply, you can check the door sensor arm. Double comfirm that the arm total good in condition or already bent.

musicman7
    Quote Originally Posted by RRodgers View Post
    Yeah check the lamp or it might be the triack
    I'm not sure how to check the lamp but paper was jammed in that area as well as other areas inside. I have taken the top off the fuser unit and did not find anything that looked out of place.

I will check the power supply next chance I get. Is it possible to have the copier function and have it be a problem with the power supply? Do you know a good place to find another if this is the problem?

musicman7
    Quote Originally Posted by acseong View Post
    In this case, it might be you Power Supply faulty. Before changing power supply, you can check the door sensor arm. Double comfirm that the arm total good in condition or already bent.
    The entire door switch assembly is working properly. I have inspected it thoroughly.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Check 24V output from PSU. In most cases it is a fuse!

BR

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ivovb View Post
    Check 24V output from PSU. In most cases it is a fuse!

BR
    Since he answered " I don't know how to check the lamp" checking the power supply might kill him

DO NOT TOUCH THE POWER SUPPLY WITH THE MACHINE PLUGGED IN!!!!

Even if the machine is powered off do the power supply is getting power.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Scijohn23's Avatar
    I get this all the time on these models, on your power supply, check fuse #12 and #14, one of them is blown, the fuses are located at the top left of the power supply as seen when the cover is removed, be sure the machine is unplugged. Replace the fuse and machine should work fine, if it continues to blow the fuse you will have to get another power supply.