Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OMD-227
    I'm still quite stunned by this...... 80K and you have a set of worn out PF rollers. Amazing!

Is the rest of this series of machine built as cheap & nasty as the PF rollers? Sounds terrible!
    Maybe setting a precidence for the series or upcoming newer machines? I surely wouldnt have any confidence in buying/leasing anything that had such a shit life-span on a common yet critical component. That is just plain nasty.

PF roller sets should have the same life-span as other high use components, and therefore be changed at the same time during that particular service call, not going out on a special trip just for them.

I seriously wish you well in obtaining something better than the rubbish you are putting up with now. The extra cost of these better rollers will pay for themselves with less call-outs.

toner monkey 100+ Posts jamesyboy's Avatar
    this is indeed the weak point
    however Tosh machines are probally otherwise the best Ive ever worked on worked on Ricohs for 10 years and tosh are a mile better
    just need to sort the tyres out and happy days

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    80K? We usually end up with over 100K on feed tires. LCF or not, ADF included. Sometimes you get one with a flat spot early but I think you should be getting over 80K out of them.
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

16cst toshiba recoomended yeild 80k
    we tend to change parts at reccomended life so that pm support is always correct and iqc is working with you a nice clean machine
    it also can have legal obligations if you had say a ford car and they didnt change the oil on a service they would be liable if the car turns into a bag of shit before the lease expires

so my experiments are to find a non tosh eqivalant thats better and I am then outside such obligations and can warrant my reasons to Mr Toshiba
    as ive said tosh tyres are shite!!!

Service Manager 100+ Posts Claudio's Avatar
    Jamesboy: I agree with you. I've been using the Ricoh brand for the LCC rollers for almost a couple of years. The Toshibas are supposed to last 80k but also was yielding about 40k. The Ricoh brand seem to go beyond 80k and like you said, they are 1/3 of the price.
    Also on trays 1 and 2 for e280,282,350/2, etc, I use the separation roller ass'y ( roller/clutch/frames ) from the old e-35 copiers. They seem to last the life of the machine.
    Also notice a similar problem with the e-35 MR-3012 RADFs, the rollers are to last 80k but only getting about 40k feeds ( I have not found a solution for that one ).

Quote Originally Posted by Claudio View Post
    Jamesboy: I agree with you. I've been using the Ricoh brand for the LCC rollers for almost a couple of years. The Toshibas are supposed to last 80k but also was yielding about 40k. The Ricoh brand seem to go beyond 80k and like you said, they are 1/3 of the price.
    Also on trays 1 and 2 for e280,282,350/2, etc, I use the separation roller ass'y ( roller/clutch/frames ) from the old e-35 copiers. They seem to last the life of the machine.
    Also notice a similar problem with the e-35 MR-3012 RADFs, the rollers are to last 80k but only getting about 40k feeds ( I have not found a solution for that one ).
    thanks for input will look into old 35 sep assy as the sep is the problem a flat means to me its not turning correctly cheers good stuff

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Tosh Feed Tyes experiments

any more progress on feed tire issues on the 450/452 series, they just do not last at all ???

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    If you're a dealer on Prometric and Toshiba catches this on an inpection, you may lose your cert...anyway, feed rolls are cheap, why even bother? Emujo
    That could be the best thing to happen. Then he can work on something not total crap.

BTW. Toshiba has and still does buy some of their machines from Ricoh. I used to be a fan of Toshiba, but not so much their copiers anymore. There feed mechanisms and their ridiculious parts prices just blow me away.

I still work on some machines of Toshiba where if you pull the paper drawer out to fast it bangs the pick up feed mechanisms and you have to rip everything out and put them back together...they're all flimsy too. The canons i work on have stable solid feed mechanisms and it doesn't matter how fast or slow you open the drawers. Not sure how the new sharps are.
    Last edited by kingpd@businessprints.net; 12-02-2010 at 07:57 PM.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Tosh Feed Tyes experiments

Interesting read. The Copystar machines I see get no less than 300K on a set of rollers, some closer to 500K. That's across the board, from 20cpm on up to 80cpm. If you take some dimensions, I'll dig through my carstock, and possibly have some suggestions. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=