Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    toner monkey 100+ Posts jamesyboy's Avatar

Tosh Feed Tyes experiments

Gentlemen,Tosh feed tyres wear out fast and I have found the majority of error codes recoreded are due to f tyres not lasting the distance
    I now use Ricoh type tyres on the lccs and have found a huge improvement anybody know or suggest any alternative for the machine feed stations interested to find any alternative that fits to continue my experiments!!!!! thanks Jamesboy

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    If you're a dealer on Prometric and Toshiba catches this on an inpection, you may lose your cert...anyway, feed rolls are cheap, why even bother? Emujo

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

We replace just the rubber skins with ones from katun. They are cheap and last as good as toshiba ones.

The Ideam Behind My Experimentation!!
    Tosh kd1010 infamous for flats on the sep tyre yes chaeap paert to replace but down time customer perception of the product and a burden of about 150 us dollars to send someone to diagnose the problem and fit 10 dollars worth of Tosh parts I hae attended several Tosh Forums and discussed such issues Toshiba products are good and a company that are allways open to input
    The new 1026 ped uses Ricoh type tyres !!!!
    These are a big step fwd ie last longer give good customer perception of reliability less call outs less burden more profit for the dealer etc...

the feed stn tyres are now more or less stnd on the range but weak so hence my experiments and enquiry I have found the katuns to be shite and a bigger finanical burden the more you hae to go to a mchine thats on aservice contract the less attractive it becomes if you nail it down so guys just looking to see if anyone had any ideas tosh tyres are not that great but are getting better

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Have you used 1026 tires on a 1010? Do they fit? Change just the tire or tire and hub? You're right the sep. is the worst even if you could just use the 1026 sep tire that might help. We have not had to change out 1026 tires yet. Well, I haven't.
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

just curious, what real yield should one expect to get out of say e450/452 pf tires, (oem tosh.) some of my boxes out there are going through alot of feed tires too soon I think...

its reccomended around 80k!
    but 40k and they are shot we rotate the feed stns on most visits and change at 40k

Quote Originally Posted by ToshibaTech View Post
    Have you used 1026 tires on a 1010? Do they fit? Change just the tire or tire and hub? You're right the sep. is the worst even if you could just use the 1026 sep tire that might help. We have not had to change out 1026 tires yet. Well, I haven't.
    I have but they are very exspensive 3 times the price of Ricoh eqivalant

OMD-227
    I'm reading this post with great interest.

Are you saying that a Toshiba MFP unit of around 35/45ppm, has PF rollers that only last up to 80K, and have a quite expensive replacement cost?

How can that be? Surely this is the biggest scam of all time.

I know nothing on the Toshy boxes, but when comparing our standard Sharp PF roller sets (AR620RT/AR62DF/NROLR1466FCZ1/NROLR1467FCZ2) that easily pass 200K pages and have a very small replacement cost, it just seems too much.

The actuall paper feed stn tyres are cheap but a costly call out the hidden burden !
    and yes 8o k knackerd !! hence my search for an alternative!
    The new tyres for the 1026 ped fit the old 1010 ped and last indefinately but are exspensive
    great on new kit but a big exspense to mod up old peds