Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Toshiba e-studio 280 driver - windows 7 - 64bit.

I am an end user with computer experience, not copier experience.
    drivers that came on the discs with the copier all worked with windows XP sp3.

i now have a completely new computer that is using windows 7, 64bit.

when i try to install from the disc called 'client1', i get the error "printer installation failed. Press OK to continue with the setup." ( i have also tried the right click compatibility mode via xp sp3 with no avail)

when i try to us the 'add a printer' function by using the 'add a network printer', my computer will locate the printer on the network, and then it shows 3 printers PCL, PS3 and Print all for the e-studio 280. if i select any one of these i get the error message "windows cannot connect to the printer"

when i try to us the 'add a printer' function by using the 'add a local printer', and use the create a port and use the TCP/IP device and enter the IP address 123.45.6.78 the next screen says that it has detected a device of an unknown type. i then select 'standard' and the 'toshiba estudio series network printer'. i have used the e-bridge universal driver for windows 32/64 bis PS3 downloaded from copiers.toshiba.com, and the printer seems to work ok, but i have not tested all the features or different types of printing where i may have different fonts and graphics.

I am a one person office and only use this printer for the most basic printing. will this driver suffice or will i need or is there a better driver specifically available for my particular printer.

i have used in the past the PCL6 driver in the past and it worked good. will i have any issues with the PS3.

thanks for any info.

Go to Toshiba's web site and down load the new drivers,

www.toshiba.co or .ca

hope this helps
    Universal Driver

The Universal Driver support multiple version of 32 and 64 bit windows in a single installation package. The installed driver will support current e-BRIDGE products and most of the older e-BRIDGE products. This driver supports Windows 2000 through Vista.
    Use this driver primarily in installations with multiple different MFPs so as to present the user with a single user interface for the multiple products. Since these driver as based in the Windows mini-driver development package, there may be additional circumstances where these drivers present a more appropriate choice in considereation of the users full computing environment.

Technician
    thanks
    that is the one i had already installed.
    talked to a local tech supervisor and he said that is all that is a avail. unless i want to buy a new copier.

toner monkey 100+ Posts jamesyboy's Avatar
    talk to youre service provider and get youre machine on the latest firmware version
    all up to date drivers are on public web site

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Unfortunately there are no released 7/64bit drivers yet for e-Bridge 1 machines or earlier (as you noticed)... this is what you have!

I always use the PS3 driver, it works just as well as the PCL6 and is generally preferred for quality. You will also have better luck printing PDF files with the PS3. Adobe PDF, Adobe Post Script (PS.) Just makes sense and in my experience helps.

You'll have to play with the features but you should be able to use most all of them I think with the universal driver.

It took Toshiba months to release the drivers for their latest machines, then longer for the generation before that, and now you are one generation behind the last released drivers. No word on when they will or if they will be updated. I have used the Vista drivers on 7 with a fair amount of success as well FWIW.
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.