Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts excanonguy's Avatar

281C keeps going into rotations

We just got a low mileage 281C less than 25k on it once it warme up it goes into a mini rotation about every 60-90 seconds rotates for about 5-10 seconds...otherwise it seems to work fine, formated the HDD and upgraded firmware , still doing the same thing, I also swapped in another fuser which didnt make any difference either....anyone seen this problem on one of these??

Thanks

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think this is normal...you don't want the fuser section sitting in the same spot for hours on end. Emujo

toner monkey 100+ Posts jamesyboy's Avatar
    check fuser settings are at default

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Is it the fuser turning or is it doing IQC adjust and the revolver is turning? I agree I think the fuser is normal to avoid flat spots and such.
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

I think its the fuser ...the rotations are not long enough for ICQ I have not seen any of our other 281's do this ....but I am not real familiar with this model , I will check out the fuser settings.......checked every 08 setting I could find for the fuser all are set to factory default...same as our other 281's.....
    Last edited by excanonguy; 08-26-2010 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think this is normal...you don't want the fuser section sitting in the same spot for hours on end. Emujo
    Yes I agree some regular rotations are normal....but every 1minute or so is not , and I havent seen another 281 do this.....

Well I thought it was working fine now....because it was going out as an overhauled machine I wanted to do the EPU kit, drum and K developer even though the machine only had 25K on it....after finishing the work was fine, might have been something to do with the drum or dev?, I got back to the shop and turned it on guess what same thing again !!
    Last edited by excanonguy; 08-26-2010 at 08:08 PM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    I really don't know on a 281C for SURE but I know that the other belt fuser models keep turning pretty often like the 6530 and the 4520 and even the non belt bigger boxes like the 855, 810, 850, 853... Usually it's so quiet you don't' hear it so if it causing a noise maybe you have a problem in the fuser or drive.
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.