Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    just one copy?? 500+ Posts
    e-STUDIO 3510c c448 with new fuser

Good day all,
    Have just had c448 occour and didn't have time to inspect it properly, instead I just replaced the entire fuser with a rebult one (with new thermo's.) Copier comes to ready and then throws c448 (sub-code 44) after about 10 minutes, sometimes less, sometimes more. Can not seem to find this sub-code 44 in the manual anywhere. Have ordered new thermos to replace tomorrow, will flash the firmware this afternoon. Anyone got a brilliant idea, by idea I mean fix, for this problem. I dont think its thermo's as the original fuser was rebuilt 5k ago, and with the replacement fuser, the machine stil shows the error, but have to try replacing them anyway. Thinking it could be power fluctuating but i dont really know what to check to confirm this.
    Cheers
    Jonezy.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    first thought is to check the pressure screws and see if you tightened them all the way down. If not then this will cause issues. Check and make sure the plug is all the way in on the fuser. The code is the pressure roller lamp stays on. If this checks good then the thermopile sensors, power supply or logic pwb is next.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    There is a pretty common error I have seen where a tech rebuilding a fuser will pinch the ground wire to the frame on the LPR lamp. Looking at the front of the fuser it's the wire on the left and can be inspected by removing the left plastic cover. It's easy to do if you don't watch it and I have seen it cause this code more than once. Just an idea!
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

Thanks for the replies everyone, however, all things I had checked already. Turned out to be 2 dirty thermopiles below the fuser, beneath small metal cover. Cleaned them up with a dry cloth and no more c448. Could have also been due to the machine sitting on top of its own power lead.
    So the fix, atleast this time seems to be clean thermopiles and replace power lead. I dont know if the manual has been updated for this fix so I hope someone else will find this useful.
    Thanks again,
    Russ Jones
    P.S. Machine now throwing CE40, not printing Bk. Replace dev clutch on monday. Gotta love one problem after the other.

toner monkey 100+ Posts jamesyboy's Avatar
    Had this ! the pressure roller lamp was not coming on giving time outs it turned out to be a triac blown on the power supply

but would also reccomend you check all the temps are at default and no one has arsed around with one of the temp settings!!!

toner monkey 100+ Posts jamesyboy's Avatar
    easiest way to check out youre ce40 fault turn off iqc 08 556and557 output a calibration chart and veiw colours
    these machine suffer with mag roller probs not picking up dev scrub mag rollers

Quote Originally Posted by jamesyboy View Post
    easiest way to check out youre ce40 fault turn off iqc 08 556and557 output a calibration chart and veiw colours
    these machine suffer with mag roller probs not picking up dev scrub mag rollers
    Replaced one way dev gear and shaft in dev drive assy. Pretty simple job. Cool drive system this, i could marvell at this design for quite sometime.

Part No. 6LE22163000 GEAR-5H70-8-ONEWAY
    6LE22158000 SHAFT-DRIVE-DEV

X2 with the mag rollers. Makes a huge difference to yeild with a polished mag roller. Not the most amusing machines in the field but we have just about weeded out all the problems now. Fingers rossed.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison