Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

e-studio 280 & windows 7 (64 bit) & Adobe Acrobat V9.2.0 & issues printing

I have recently changed computers. (2 weeks ago)
    everything worked good before on an windows XP.

now i have a Windows 7 Pro (64bit).
    i could not find a specific driver for my printer, and from my service tech he said there are none. i have installed a generic e-studio BW ps3. the printer test page indicates the following:
    driver name "PSCRIPT5.Dll
    Data file: TSES_BW.PPD
    Config file: PS5UI.DLL
    Help file:PSCRIPT.HLP
    Driver Verions: 6.00
    Environment: windows x64

it seems to work OK for the functions i need, which are very limited - simple features of print, scan, copy.

is there a different or better driver for this copier that i should be using or is this as good as it will get.

secondly, and not sure if related to the above, but today, was the first time it has happened but when i try to print a pdf document, using Acrobat V9.2.0, the printer will only print the first page and then the "print data" LED on the copier will flash. the 'STatus' on the machine shows that a print job is there but is is "suspend". the PDF file is only 123KB. i then have to delete this file and restart the copier to print anything else. it also does this for files from 6 months (the files were created with the same version of Acrobat v5.x) ago which i was able to print via my XP computer.

Now here is the kicker,
    i started getting the following error "Acrobat failed to connect DDE server", which on the NET it was mentioned to try Foxit Reader. i have installed and tried foxit reader and the documents print just fine (seems to print slower than before). For the forseeable future, i do not think i have a need to use Adobe Acrobat reader, however, is there a way to overcome this issue.

thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Your tech is right. There is no driver for these yet so you have probably the best driver in use. On your PDF try going to Advanced in the print dialog and checking "print as image." This will correct a lot of problems when printing PDFs. It will print slower however so don't forget to switch it back afterwards on your next PDF. Just check it when you have a problem.
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

Technician

SOLVED - problem

yes.
    thanks for the info on changing to printing the image.
    that solved the printing problem.

printed a little slower, but not too bad.

thanks.

i

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    you could try this link,https://topview.toshibatec.com/pds/f...es/PDS001.jspx, select english as the language and there is a vista 64-bit driver available.hope this helps

Technician
    thanks for that info on the driver location. i belive that is the generic driver which i already had as the files are identical in size, date etc.