Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Talking Toshiba e-studio 25 showing drum life warning sign

Toshiba e-studio 25 display shows drum life warning.
    I have replaced a new drum in the process unit and it still shows drum life warning in the display. Can the drum life warning be reset by going into service mode or do I have to replaced a new process unit.
    Thanks.
    ttean

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    If the firmware is high enough then yes it can be reset via service mode. If not then change the pico fuse in the process unit and it will reset.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    If the firmware is high enough then yes it can be reset via service mode. If not then change the pico fuse in the process unit and it will reset.
    Hi Mr. Spock,

I cant find the pico fuse in the processing unit for e-studio 25. Can you advise me exactly where the pico fuse is located.
    Thanks,
    ttean

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    If 08-689 is set to a "1", then 08 673 will reset the values stored in 08-355/401. Been a while since I looked, but I believe there was a firmware update that needed to be applied before 08-673 would work. Give it a try and if the message does not go away, set 08-355 and 401 to "0". Emujo

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    The pico fuse is a 77 ohm thermale fuse that blows the first time when you put in Drum in the mfp.It is located one the Led assy inside
    the Drum assy. Just look for a blown resitant one the Led assy and change it with the same on.
    Harry

You know I may be wrong (and I am never wrong, just ask my wife), but I don't remember any fuse on the process unit. You have to reset through 08 mode. You should be using a PU1600S (PU1600C if firmware was never updated) or replacing individual drum and developer and resetting the counters. Besides, if the process unit is fused, why would you need to reset the thing in service mode? Emujo
    Last edited by emujo; 10-09-2010 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Additional info

The original units had a fuse under the top rear cover so the customer could replace them and have them reset. Then they made the field serviceable ones that were reset via service mode so the dealers could make a little more money. This required an update to the firmware and the 08-689 code to be set accordingly. Even with the updated firmware you could still use the fuse to reset the code you just need 08-689 set to customer mode.

The full unit (if I remember the numbers correctly) was $425 and the rebuild kits came to $225. Now if it was your wallet which way would you go??

I would replace the drum,and developer and charge the cust $425 and say my name is "spock, just spock". BTW, I'm in the shop and making the "big" bucks!!! BTW/BTW thanks for jogging my memory on this, I now remember the customer ordering the PUs and us having to go out there anyway because they couldn't replace the damm thing on their own anyway!!!BTW/BTW/BTW...one more post to get to the 1K level for you...gonna throw a party? BTW/BTW/BTW/BTW Anyway, to help out Ttean with original post....since CRUs are no longer available it looks like he has a SRU in a non upgraded E25. The SRU's probably wont have a fuse (not needed since the firmware upgrade was mandentory) and until firmware is upgraded will continue to show the drum life message. Make sense to you? Emujo
    Last edited by emujo; 10-09-2010 at 09:24 PM. Reason: additional BTW's

I was not even looking at my post count like some of the other post whores do... I wish I was told about the shop I would have come over and explained it in person!!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Last one all Pcu Cru ore Sru has that thing one it! if you change an SRU one a not Firmware updatet Mfp it reset the counter anyway! The Mfp Displays Drum Mantanance hafe to reset Counter 08-6-- not remember If Display indicate change Drum there is an old Firmware in The MFp and the only way is update Firmware or change the risistor on LED assy see Servicemanual difference from old or new CRU . There was another thing but with this one on the functionsettings you lost every counter!
    Reguards Harry
    PS it is not a Fuse its a resistor-FUSE for you Emujo